Are you looking for an adventure that will test your limits and leave you with unforgettable memories? Then the Annapurna Circuit Trek is the perfect choice for you! This trek takes you on a circular journey through some of the most breathtaking landscapes.
Our trek offers to take you through a diverse range of terrains, from the lush subtropical forests of the lower altitudes to the arid high-altitude deserts and alpine meadows.
But it's not just about the stunning landscapes. The trek also lets you connect with the locals and learn about their fascinating traditions and way of life. It takes you through traditional villages and hamlets, where the friendly Nepalese people will welcome you with open arms.
So, are you ready to take on the challenge of embarking on this trek? Pack your bags and join us for a journey of a lifetime!
Best Features of the Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Begin the journey with a scenic drive to Jagat, where you'll start your journey on foot.
- Make acquaintance with the locals and hear about their interesting Himalayan stories.
- Hike through the beautiful landscapes of the Annapurna region, and you'll experience diverse scenery.
- Get a chance to spot some of the local wildlife, including the Himalayan tahr, musk deer, and various species of birds.
- Explore the traditional Nepalese village and experience the local culture and way of life.
- Enjoy traditional Nepalese hospitality and local cuisine along the way.
- Catch a glimpse of stunning views of the Himalayan peaks, including Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Manaslu.
- Cross the Thorong La Pass, which sits at an altitude of 5,416 meters. This is the highest pass in the region and offers stunning panoramic views of the Himalayan peaks.
- Get an opportunity to visit the holy site of Muktinath, an important pilgrimage destination for Hindus and Buddhists.
- Spend time exploring the beautiful city of Pokhara, known for its stunning lakeside location and adventure sports.
As you touch down at Tribhuvan International Airport, a friendly member of our team will be there to receive you and escort you to your Kathmandu hotel. After a quick briefing, you'll have the evening to relax and explore the city.
Your adventure will commence with a scenic drive to Jagat. From here, you'll begin your hike to Dharapani. You'll further pass through charming villages like Chame and Pisang to reach Manang. Here, you'll spend an extra night to acclimate to the higher altitudes. And then continue to Yak Kharka and Thorong Phedi. The highlight of the trek awaits as you cross Thorong La Pass, the highest pass in the region. Now, after a visit to the sacred site of Muktinath, you'll descend to Jomsom.
Bidding farewell to the Himalayas, you'll board a morning flight to Pokhara. Your trip ends with a drive back to Kathmandu.
When Is The Best Time To Book This Adventure?
Is this what you are wondering now? Well, let’s discuss it in the following paragraph.
The best time to do the Annapurna Circuit Trek is during the spring and autumn seasons, from March to May and September to November, respectively. During these months, the weather is dry, and the clear skies offer spectacular views of the mountains and surrounding landscapes.
In spring, the hills and valleys bloom with flowers and rhododendrons, making the scenery even more beautiful. Whereas in Autumn, you can feel the breezy air hitting your face, making it comfortable to trek during the day.
To have a safe and enjoyable Annapurna Circuit Trek, it's important to be mindful of the weather conditions. Winter months (December to February) can be harsh and snowy, while summer months (June to August) can be rainy and humid, making trekking challenging and even dangerous. Thus, it's recommended to avoid these months for the Annapurna Circuit Trek.
How Difficult Is The Trek?
If this is your next question, we got you covered!
The Annapurna Circuit Trek is considered to be a moderate trek with high altitudes and long distances to cover. However, with proper preparation and a good level of fitness, it is achievable for most people.
The trek starts in the lowlands of Nepal and ascends to Thorong La Pass at 5,416 meters (17,769 feet), which is the highest point on the trek. Altitude sickness can be a concern for you at this altitude. Hence, the package is prepared with enough days to acclimate your body to new heights.
The trail is also well-marked. However, you should be prepared for some long and challenging days of hiking.
What Are The Alternative Adventures?
If this itinerary isn’t to your liking, you can look at some of the alternate adventures to embark on.
The first one we have is the Annapurna Circuit Short Trek. The journey consists of 12 days and starts directly from Dharapani. You can opt for this trek if you have limited time.
Next, you can take a look at the Classic Annapurna Trek. The 18 days journey will make you experience all the aspects of the Annapurna region. From the highest pass of the region to the relaxing hot spring, the journey will be like a rollercoaster ride for you.