Are you ready to experience the riches of the beautiful Langtang Valley in a short time? The Langtang Valley Heli Trek takes you to explore this region in peace. You will see the best that Langtang Valley offers in this 8-day journey.
It is one of the most popular treks in Nepal. You'll wind through the depth of Langtang National Park, where you'll get glimpses of the rare flora and fauna settling in this park. The valley is also encircled by historic Chortens and freestanding prayer flags that sway in the wind, with the majestic Himalayan peaks serving as the backdrop view.
The Mani-stone walls and the vibrant prayer flags along the walking trail will give you the entire experience of remote solitude and give the adventure a religious undertone. Further, the Heli ride back at the end of the journey will only add a thrill to your amazing trip.
Further, the trek also includes a hike to Chorkari Ri (5050 meters). It is the trek's highest point and offers splendid views of Langtang Peaks.
All in all, you can experience the wildlife, natural beauties, and culture of Langtang in this short trek.
Highlights of the Langtang Valley Heli Trek
- Get an opportunity to explore Nepal’s first Himalayan National Park- Langtang National Park.
- Encounter many endangered fora and faunas in the National Park.
- Walk through the beautiful rhododendron forest and witness the lush green landscape of the region.
- Pass by several Cascading waterfalls and walk along pristine rivers in Langtang.
- Hike along the trail with the magnificent white giants and the glorious Himalayas in the backdrop view.
- Explore the beautiful Langtang village and listen to the interesting tales of the villagers.
- Interact with the Tamangs and learn about their cultures, traditions, and lifestyles.
- Walk past the yak pasture during the hike and watch the herds of yaks grazing in Langtang.
- Unwind at Kyangin Gompa after a long day of trekking and stop by the infamous cheese factory.
- Enjoy the 360 degrees views of the Himalayan summits and icy glaciers from the highest viewpoint in Langtang- Chorkari Ri.
The route summary of the Langtang Valley Heli trek is as follows:
Our trek package starts with your arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport. You’ll start the journey with a long drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi. It is the starting point of the trek. Beginning the hike, you’ll walk for about five hours and reach Lama Hotel to stay there for the night.
From Lama Hotel, the next stop is Langtang village. After exploring the village, you’ll make your way toward Kyangin Gompa. Subsequently, you’ll climb up Chokari Ri, the highest viewpoint in the region. Taking one last look at the Himalayas, you’ll end your journey with a helicopter ride back to Kathmandu.
When Is The Best Time?
The Langtang Valley Heli Trek is certainly an eye-catching journey. And is best for those who have very limited time to explore. Let’s now take a look at the most suitable time for this journey.
The perfect time would indeed be spring (March-May) and autumn (September-November). If you want to book this trek, you must book somewhere between these months. With the clear blue skies, you’ll enjoy serene hikes along the pink shade of rhododendron forests in spring. Although walking on the same trail, the months of autumn offer you a different vibe. You can enjoy the walk with the cool breezy air during autumn.
Is This Trek For Beginners?
Looking at the overall package, you may have already guessed its difficulty level. Yes! That's right. The journey is an easy to moderate hike. You can even complete the trek even if you are a beginner with no prior trekking experience.
The highest point of the trek is 5050 m at Chokari Ri. The trail lets you ascend gradually to new heights, which gives you plenty of time to adjust to the altitude. Hence, you don’t have to worry about altitude sickness.
Nevertheless, you do need to be physically fit for the trek. On average, you have to walk for 4-5 hours daily at high elevations. Hence, doing some cardio and eating healthy a month before trekking is highly recommended.