Are you looking for a trekking package that is classic, less crowded, and unique? If you do, you need to check out the Langtang Valley Trek. It is one of the most popular treks in Nepal and is the favorite trekking destination for most of trekkers.
The package has amazing features that will astonish you. In this short trek, trekkers can connect with the vast green nature and also explore the wilderness of the Langtang National Park. The natural landscapes and appealing wilderness will amaze you.
Additionally, on the trek you’ll also hike to Chorkari Ri, situated at 5050m. From the top, you can witness the spectacular mountain ranges of Langtang Lirung, Ganjala Peak, Nayakang, and many other ranges.
Overall, the Langtang Valley Trek package is a splendid one, that offers a fantastic trekking route filled with natural wildlife, villages, and a chance to indulge in the traditions of the Tamang and Sherpa communities.
- Hop on a drive all the way from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi. On the drive, you’ll pass several villages and witness landscapes, animal grazing, and rivers.
- Enter the Langtang Valley National Park - the country’s first Himalayan national park.
- Walk into the subalpine forests, where you can look out for hemlock, silver fir, blue pine, mixed oak, and rhododendron forests.
- Along the route, pass through yak pasturelands and watch the yaks grazing.
- Explore Langtang Valley - a valley considered a hidden Valley by the villagers.
- Trek to Kyanjin Gompa, nestled against a stunning background of Himalayan peaks and surrounded by old chortens and freestanding prayer flags that sway in the breeze.
- Interact with the local villagers belonging to the Tamang ethnic group. Learn about their rich culture, dialect, and heritage.
- From the renowned vantage point, Chorkari Ri, see a 360-degree vista of icy glaciers, Himalayan summits, and Tibetan summits (5050m)
- Enjoy the serene sound of the Bhote Koshi and Trishuli rivers along the route.
We would like to inform all interested travelers about the transportation from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi. You have two options for this,
Firstly, you can take the public bus from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi. The advantage of this option is that you can interact with the local people on the bus and enjoy the pure Nepali way of traveling.
The second option is that you can choose to travel via a private vehicle, i.e., a jeep. The jeep ride will be comfortable.
The cost for the public bus includes the total cost, and the cost for the private vehicle excludes the total cost.
Let us now look at the routes you’ll take for the Langtang Valley Trek. The trip begins with your arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport. After getting enough rest at the hotel, we’ll drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi to begin the hike. The first hike will commence from Syabru Besi to Lama Hotel where we’ll cross villages of Bamboo and then Ramche. Following the Langtang River, we’ll hike to Lama Hotel and then Mundu.
The route leading to Mundu is interesting as on that day we’ll be passing through Ghoda Tabela, farmhouses for ponies and donkeys. Moreover, on the journey, you’ll also get to see yak pasturelands and sever Tamang settlements. Continuing the route, we’ll reach Mundu. Traversing the same path, we’ll hike to Kyanjing Gompa, and then take a short hike to Chorkari Ri which is a popular viewpoint. Then, we shall retrace the route back to Kyanjin Gompa, Lama Hotel, and eventually ending the hike at Syabru Besi. Then, we’ll take a drive back to Kathmandu, ending the wonderful trek.
Langtang Valley Trek Difficulty
This is a trip for those who enjoy a moderate hike. The courses ascend gradually and help the trekkers adjust to the altitude quickly. Furthermore, our expert guides and leaders will always be there to accompany you and ensure you feel supported as you hike. The ten-day expedition will take you to the highest point of our trek in Chorkari Ri at 5050 meters. Chorkari Ri is an excellent point to see the Langtang range and its endearing mountains really close.
Despite the Langtang Valley being a moderate hike, we suggest you dedicate time to personal fitness and exercise. You will easily walk for 4-5 hours daily on high elevations. So to ensure you have the best experience on this trek, getting pre-trained for at least a month before your actual trek is best!
Let us know to discuss the most suitable time to trek to the Langtang Valley. If you want to book a trek in this region, you should look for any dates in March-May or September- November.
These seasons provide the most scenic views. The spring and autumn seasons are best for clear skies, greenery, and shades of red and pink scattered around the flora.
The monsoon and winter seasons are not recommended. During the monsoon season, the roads are wet and prone to landslides. Likewise, the temperature will drop dramatically in the winter season, which may increase the chances of falling sick.