Are you looking for a trek suitable for seniors and children? If you are, consider the Annapurna Base Camp Trek for Seniors. This hike is carefully designed, taking into consideration the age of the trekkers.
Our trek takes you to the Annapurna Base Camp, a popular trek worldwide. Despite their age, trekkers can easily complete the journey successfully. The itinerary includes rest days, short trekking camps, and sufficient acclimatization.
So why wait? Seize this golden opportunity and embark on an exciting journey to the Annapurna region. We have professional guides who are well-trained to provide excellent services. Simply send us an inquiry, and we will arrange the rest!
- Embark on a picturesque journey from Kathmandu to Pokhara, reveling in the breathtaking scenery.
- Pass through charming village settlements, fertile farmlands, and much more along the way.
- Immerse yourself in the enchanting city of Pokhara and take a leisurely stroll along the shores of Phewa Taal Lake.
- Traverse the lush Rhododendron forests, delighting in the melodious songs of the birds.
- Ascend to Poon Hill viewpoint to witness the awe-inspiring sunrise, renowned as the most popular viewpoint.
- Marvel at the striking vistas of Dhaulagiri, Machapuchare, Annapurna, Hiunchuli, Nilgiri, and other majestic mountain ranges.
- Visit Buddhist monasteries and admire their remarkable architectural features.
- Appreciate the untamed wilderness of the Annapurna Conservation Area, marveling at its natural flora and fauna.
- Stand in awe as you cross the lofty suspension bridges and tread upon their sturdy paths.
- Engage with the local villagers, gaining insight into their dialects, history, and traditions.
- Indulge your taste buds with delectable local cuisines, savoring their authentic flavors.
- Finally, pamper yourself by taking a soothing dip in the hot springs of Jhinu Danda, allowing relaxation to envelop your senses.
Let me provide you with an overview of the route that will take you to the magnificent Annapurna Base Camp.
The journey begins upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, where one of our staff members will be waiting to receive you and transfer you to your hotel. From there, we will embark on a 6-7 hour drive to reach Pokhara. Once in Pokhara, we will continue our journey by driving to Tikhedhanga and then commence a hike to Ulleri. The trek resumes from Ulleri Village, leading us through Ghorepani, Poon Hill, Tadapani, and finally to Chhomrong Village.
From Chhomrong Village, we will proceed towards Dovan, Deurali, and then Machhapuchare Base Camp. After taking some well-deserved rest at the camp, we will ascend toward our ultimate destination, the Annapurna Base Camp. Following this remarkable achievement, we will make our descent to Bamboo, Jhinu Danda, and ultimately return to Pokhara. At this point, we will have the option to either take a flight or drive back to Kathmandu, where we will bid farewell to this extraordinary journey.
How is the Annapurna Base Camp Trek for Seniors different from others?
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek for Seniors distinguishes itself from standard treks in several ways.
Firstly, the distance between hiking camps is shortened in this trek. While the standard Annapurna Base Camp Trek typically takes 14 days, the senior trek extends to 16 days to allow for a more relaxed pace.
Secondly, the senior trek features shorter trekking camps compared to the standard ABC trek. For instance, in the regular ABC trek, we continue from Machhapuchare Base Camp towards the Annapurna Base Camp. However, in the senior trekking package, we will halt at Machhapuchare Base Camp while heading towards the Annapurna Base Camp.
Lastly, we will provide you with a dedicated trekking guide for the senior trek. This guide will be kind, respectful, and sensitive towards the senior members of the group. They will maintain an average pace that considers everyone's timing and speed. Priority will always be given to those who experience difficulty while walking.
When is the best time for the Annapurna Base Camp Trek for Seniors?
The best time for the Annapurna Base Camp Trek for Seniors is during the months of March to May and September to November. While the Annapurna region can be trekked throughout the year, these specific seasons are highly recommended.
March to May falls within the Spring season, which is considered one of the best times for the trek. Similarly, September to November is in the Autumn season, also known as the peak season for the trek. The weather conditions during these seasons are generally favorable for hiking, with moderate temperatures and clear skies.
On the other hand, the monsoon season (June to August) and winter season (December to February) are not advisable for trekking due to heavy rainfall and snowfall respectively. During these periods, the routes can become slippery and blocked, increasing the risk of injuries and making the trek more challenging.
Therefore, it is strongly recommended to plan your Annapurna Base Camp Trek for Seniors during the months of March to May or September to November for the best experience.
Are you not satisfied with the 16-day Annapurna Base Camp Trek? Then check out our alternative trip to Annapurna Base Camp.
The 14-day Annapurna Base Camp Trek follows the same itinerary but excludes guided tours of Kathmandu and an overnight stay at Machhapuchhre Base Camp.
And 11-day Annapurna Base Camp Trek is suitable for those who have limited time, as it skips the overnight stops in Pokhara and includes one less day of hiking compared to the 14-day ABC trek adventure.
Choose the itinerary that suits you best or ask our team for any customization options. We are committed to ensuring that your journey is safe and comfortable. We have meticulously planned this trip for you, providing a team of experienced experts, guides, and porters. We are confident that this expedition will become one of your most cherished memories! Get in touch with your queries now to plan your adventure.