Discover the wonders of the Annapurna region in just 12 days with the Annapurna Circuit Short Trek! This adventure is perfect for those who are short on time but still want to experience the beauty of the region.
The trek will take you on a journey through some of the most stunning landscapes in Nepal. In addition to the stunning scenery, the trek will allow you to connect with the locals. It will also let you learn about their unique traditions and way of life.
So, don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to embark on the Annapurna Circuit Short Trek. Let's make unforgettable memories in Nepal's most popular trekking region!
Top Highlights of the Annapurna Circuit Short Trek
- Start the journey with a splendid drive to Dharapani and witness the countryside of Nepal.
- Interact with the locals and hear about their fascinating stories. You’ll be amazed by listening to culture and traditions.
- Marvel at the diverse landscapes of the Annapurna region as you hike through subtropical jungles and high-altitude deserts.
- Catch a glimpse of the Himalayan peaks, including Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Manaslu.
- Keep an eye out for local wildlife, including Himalayan tahr, musk deer, and a variety of birds.
- Indulge in the rustic charm of the local mountain communities by staying in traditional teahouses and experiencing their unique way of life.
- Enjoy the warm hospitality and taste the delicious local cuisine along the way.
- Challenge yourself by crossing the Thorong La Pass, the highest pass in the region at 5,416 meters, and take in breathtaking panoramic views of the Himalayas.
- Discover the ancient pilgrimage site of Muktinath Temple and immerse yourself in the spiritual aura of this revered site.
- End your adventure in the beautiful city of Pokhara, known for its lakeside location and abundance of adventure sports.
What are the Routes You’ll take?
Your adventure in the Annapurna Circuit Trek starts as you arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport. One of our staff will be there to greet you and then take you to the hotel in Kathmandu. After a short meeting, you can have the rest of the evening to unwind or explore the local markets near your hotel.
Now, you'll take a scenic drive to Dharapani. You'll start your hike from Dharapani to Chame. Further, you'll trek to Pisang, passing through beautiful landscapes and villages along the way.
As you continue, you'll reach Manang. Here, you'll take a day off to acclimate to the high altitude and explore the area. Subsequently, you'll trek to Yak Kharka, where you'll spend the night before heading to Thorong Phedi.
From there, you'll cross the Thorong La Pass, which sits at an elevation of 5,416 meters. It's an intense hike that will take about 7-8 hours, but the views from the top are worth it!
After crossing the pass, you'll head to Jomsom, where you'll spend the night before driving to Pokhara. On day eleven, you'll take a flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu and bring your trip to a close.
When should I book this trek?
The best time to book the Annapurna Circuit Trek is during the peak trekking seasons, which are from March to May and from September to November. During these months, the weather is generally clear and dry, and the views of the Himalayan peaks are stunning.
However, it's important to note that the trek can get crowded during these peak seasons, so it's best to book your trek in advance to secure your spot.
The winter season (December-February) can be very cold and snowy, making it challenging to trek at high altitudes. The trails can also be icy and slippery, raising safety concerns.
On the other hand, the summer season (June-August) can be humid and rainy, which can make trekking difficult and uncomfortable. The trails can also be slippery due to the monsoon rains, which can make it challenging to walk on steep paths. Hence, it's best to avoid trekking during these two months.
What does it take to complete this adventure?
Completing the Annapurna Circuit Trek requires physical fitness, mental endurance, and a sense of adventure. It is graded as a strenuous trek that comprises daily hikes of 5-7 hours.
It will take you through the diverse terrain of steep ascents, rocky paths, and suspension bridges.
Altitude sickness can be an obstacle in the journey. But don't worry! We have prepared the itinerary with enough days to let your body adjust to new heights.
Apart from that, mental endurance is also crucial, as the trek can be strenuous at times. There may be moments of doubt and physical exhaustion. But with a positive mindset and determination, you can push through and complete the journey.
Are there any alternative adventures?
Yes, of course! There are several alternative adventures that you can look into if this one doesn’t fit your criteria.
If the current itinerary is not what you're looking for, you can take a look at the Classic Annapurna Circuit Trek. This 18-day journey offers a diverse range of experiences in the Annapurna region. The journey includes visiting relaxing hot springs and stopping by Poon Hill to witness the panoramic views of the Annapurna range and other mountain vistas. It's a thrilling and unforgettable journey that will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions.
The 14-day Annapurna Circuit Trek is another alternative trek that you can consider. This itinerary includes some additional days in Muktinath and has a flight option from Pokhara to Kathmandu at the end of the trek.
We are dedicated to ensuring that your trip with us is an unforgettable experience, tailored to your preferences. Simply communicate your needs and desires to us. And we will handle all the details to make your journey stress-free and memorable.