Have you been longing to fly over the Himalayas in an unbeatable way? If yes, the Luxury Everest Base Camp Heli Trek is the way to turn that into a reality. Far from the rush of city life, this exclusive trek brings you the opportunity to explore the raw and remote beauty of the Everest region.
Highlights of Luxury Everest Base Camp Heli Trek
- Start your luxurious journey with a spine-chilling flight from Kathmandu to Lukla.
- Celebrate the success of standing at the foothills of the mighty Everest.
- Enjoy the fascinating vistas of the world’s highest peaks, including Mt. Everest, Makalu, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Nuptse, Thamserku, and Ama Dablam.
- Hike to Khumbu’s most famous viewpoints — Kala Patthar at 5,545 meters.
- Visit the centuries-old monastery of Tengboche.
- Explore the colorful Sherpa town of Namche Bazaar.
- Visit Everest View Hotel, the world’s highest-placed hotel.
- Walk past the captivating Sherpa settlements and encounter their rustic lifestyle and hospitality.
- Return to Kathmandu in style, hopping on a luxurious helicopter ride from Gorak Shep.
Unlike the standard EBC Trek, the Luxury Everest Base Camp Heli Trek combines two different adventures into one — trekking and heli ride. First, you’ll be exploring the Khumbu region on foot, making your way to the base camp. Then you’ll fly back to Kathmandu from Gorak Shep via a helicopter ride enjoying the bird’s-eye view of the Himalayas.
The 11-day trek is specifically designed for avid trekkers looking for the Everest experience but only have limited time. However, this trek is not just a regular teahouse trek. As the name suggests, it is a luxurious trip to the Himalayas. Thus, you’ll be spending nights at the best hotels available. You’re guaranteed to taste the first-class service and regal hospitality of the Sherpa tribes.
Like other treks on Everest, the Luxury Everest Base Camp Heli Trek starts with a thrilling 35-minute flight to Lukla. Upon landing, your journey to the Everest Base Camp on foot begins. You’ll walk past several beautiful villages, mountain sceneries, high alpine valleys, glacial rivers, and snowy terrains.
You’ll enter the Sagarmatha National Park at Monjo and spend nights at popular Sherpa settlements like Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, and Gorak Shep. Then, you’ll get to stand at the foothills of the mighty Everest and appreciate the glimpse of Khumbu Glacier, Khumbu Icefall, and the surrounding mountains.
After that, you’ll hike to the famous viewpoint of Kala Patthar early in the morning to catch a sight of the majestic sunrise over the Himalayas. This viewpoint offers a 360-degree panorama of some of the highest mountains, including Mt. Everest, Makalu, Cho Oyu, and Lhotse.
You’ll then hike back to Gorak Shep, where your helicopter ride will be waiting for you. Instead of walking back to Luka and catching a regular flight, you’ll conclude the Luxury Everest Base Camp Heli Trek with a heli ride back to Kathmandu. You’ll have the opportunity to bid the Himalayas goodbye in style and enjoy the aerial view of the Khumbu region’s remote terrains, valleys, and mountains.