Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- 14 days
- 4210 Meters
- Min. 1 Pax
- March - May & Sept - Dec
Annapurna Base Camp Trek brings you closer to the peaks over 7,000m and 8,000m. With 8 peaks over 7,000m, the highest is Annapurna I standing at 8,051m. Annapurna Base Camp Trek is the queen of treks in the Annapurna region. The trail takes you through the rice fields, colorful rhododendron forests and stunning landscapes. With Annapurna ranges peeking through at all times.
It stands at an elevation of 4,130m. The sanctuary is amidst the beautiful Annapurna I 8,091m, Annapurna II 7,937m, Annapurna South 7,219m, Gangapurna 7,455m and Hinchuili 6,441m. Its natural beauty and cultural essence is a significant part of this trek.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a 14 days package which includes the best elements of Annapurna. Starting from Tikhe Dhunga (1,495m) you ascend to Ghorepani (2,850m), the largest Gurung ethnic settlement of the region. From Ghorepani you move to the famous vantage point, Poon Hill (2500m) which presents the panoramic views of the ranges. You ascend the trail from Tadapani, Chomrong, Dovan, Deurali to Base Camp via Macchapuchhre Base Camp. You’ll return completely new path from ABC to Bamboo, Jhinu Danda Hot Spring and then to Pokhara. Through this trek you’ll trek a new destination each day never repeating the same destination twice.
- Explore the village of Gurungs, Ghorepani.
- Poon Hill is the best vantage point to enjoy the 360 degree views of the Annapurna, Macchapuchhre, Gangapurna and surrounding mountains at sunrise.
- Unlike other treks, this trek takes you to two base camps at the same time. Macchapuchhre Base Camp falls on the way to the ABC. Views of the Machhapuchhre Himal from the base camp is spectacular.
- One of the best element of Annapurna region is its bio diversity. Most significantly known for the colorful Rhododendron forests. The radiant rhododendron forests are in full bloom during spring making the trails rich in beauty and vibrant.
- Around the end of the trek, the trail takes you to Jhinu Danda Hot Spring. Nothing beats the relaxation at a natural hot spring after days of trekking. It is the best time to give your body some rest and rejuvenate with the nature.
- The base camp itself presents beautiful views of the glorious Annapurna ranges.
- You’ll learn about the different ethnic diversity of Nepal.
- Get closer to the remote lifestyle of the locals in the mountains.
- After the completion of the trek, enjoy your time in Pokhara, the city of lakes. It is a perfect destination to unwind. This city offers perfect lakes, mountain views and adventure activities.
- Exotic floras and faunas throughout the trails.
Best time to do this trek
Anytime of the year is suitable to do this trek. Still, monsoon might not be as suitable. There is probability of heavy rainfall and dark clouds. The bad weather prevents you to view the beautiful ranges clearly. Also, high number of leeches, and slippery ways makes trekking quite risky.
The 4 major seasons of Nepal are:
Spring (March- May)
Autumn which prevails from September to November is the best time for this trek. This season brings dry climate and clear blue skies. The moderate weather offers crisp and unobstructed views of the mountains. With the cool climate, trekking is comfortable with less humidity and less perspiration. If you want to trek in Nepal, autumn is perfect to enjoy its magnificence.
Trekking in Annapurna during winter is possible as it is comparatively less crowded. So, if you’re someone who prefers peace and quiet over crowd and noise, then do trek in winter. The dry weather brings amazing views of the snow covered ranges. The only down fact is that it will be very cold and will snow at times. However, with proper equipment and guidance trekking is possible with safety.
But, from December-January you have to be extremely careful of avalanche. Snow is a high probability as you ascend higher. The mornings are foggy and very cold nights. But if you’re up for the cold, then you should do it carefully and professional guidance of NHT. In any time of the year, trekkers should be careful and trek with precision.
Spring is another great season to do this trek. The mild warm weather makes trekking convenient. Spring brings the colorful flowers and greenery in bloom. The weather is perfect with clear skies and glistening mountains. Annapurna region known for its natural beauty is glorious in this season. The rhododendrons of red and white colors are in full bloom. This makes the trails ever so radiant. More so the bio diversity with the exotic flowers makes trekking a fantastic experience you ought not to miss.
Is prior experience necessary for this trek?
ABC trek is particularly not a very strenuous trek. Beginners can do this trek as well. No prior experience of trekking is necessary. But we suggest our trekkers to be in a good physical and mental state. Anyone with an average level of physicality can do this trek.
It is essential to indulge in stamina and strength building exercises three months prior to the trek. This will prepare your body for the constant ascend and descend. So, we always recommend our clients to do workouts and preparations beforehand.
In the Annapurna region there are several other trekking packages we offer to our trekkers. You can go through our Annapurna Poon Hill Trek of 6 days. Or, if you want to visit the base camp but have limited period of time, go through our Annapurna Base Camp Short Trek of 11 days. Nepal Hiking Team always prioritizes safety, comfort and health of the trekkers. Our packages are professionally created to ensure a safe trek focusing on acclimatization and stability. It incorporates the best components of nature, culture, beauty and security. So, are you up for an adventurous 2020?