All Inclusive Price:
Trip Code: NHT3688
Trip Grade: Moderate
Max Elevation: 4230 Meters
Total Duration: 9 days
Best Time: March to May and Sept - Dec
Group Size: Min. 2 Pax
Annapurna Base Camp Retrace trek is one of the prominently desired one by many trekkers all around the globe. Sheltered by Annapurna Sanctuary, Annapurna Mountain stands tall and high reaching the elevation up to 4,130 meters from the sea level that makes it the 10th tallest mountain in the world. The major excitements for you in this trek will be soothing landscapes blossomed up with Rhododendron, marching through bamboo, oak, and alpine woodlands, the rise and set of the sun helping the mountains to sparkle from sliver to gold color. And the culture of Gurung and Magars will also be something you will not be missed out on.
If you are the one who believes that an adventure lover should be willingly ready for the challenges; may it be a tent sleep, adjustment to the available foods without bothering much or adjusting even to the accommodations with lesser benefits, here we have a plan ready for you. All you need to do is just manage your date and travel to Nepal with your bag packs. Having said all these, please understand without any worries that we are not literally going to ask you to take night shelter in the tent or provide you nasty foods.
In this Annapurna Base Camp Retrace Trek package, you will be accommodated at a 3-star category hotel for two nights with breakfast; both in Pokhara and Kathmandu but with max 2 pax in 1 room. Another distinct feature of this trek is that during the trek, you will be offered with comfortable beddings for single use in the tea houses, but in a shared room with 4 to 5 people. Also, your travel from Pokhara to Kathmandu and vice- versa will be served by the tourist bus; not by the air flight or private car. And the last benefit you would need to skip in this trek is that; if you are a solo trekker, we will not be able to provide you a porter.
Itinerary Expand all
Day 01 - Arrive at Tribhuwan international airport, Kathmandu
Upon your arrival, you will be welcomed by one of Nepal Hiking Team’s airport representatives. He will help you get transferred to your hotel. He will also explain further plans and programs to you. You do not have anything else planned for the today, thus you may check into your hotel and relax or spend your time as per your preference.
Day 02 - Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara, Duration: 6/7 Hours
Pokhara; the city of magnificence is truly a jewel which has made it the best tourist destination of Nepal. Throughout 6/7 hours’ drive to Pokhara, you will find the scenario to observe the beautiful landscapes, farm fields, water bodies occasionally; sometimes to the left and sometimes to the right of your vehicle seat.
Upon reaching Pokhara in the evening, the view of mountains like Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Annapurna ranges and the shadows of hills and Machhapuchre Mountain in the sparkling water of peaceful Fewa Lake will mesmerize you. If you still have some time remaining, the lakeside bestows you plenty of restaurants where you can enjoy live music performances and light snacks.
Day 03 - Drive to Matque Then Trek to Sinuwa via Jhinu Danda and Chomrong (2310m/77575ft), Duration: 6 Hours
From Pokhara, we will then drive to Matque by private vehicle. We will then follow the rising terrain to reach the Chhomrong village. While ascending, we will walk upon the striking peak of the Annapurna South over the community and the sight of the Fishtail Mountain seen from there is quite captivating. Chhomrong is a striking village embraced by giant Annapurna Himalayas. From Chhomrong, the trail descends until the Chhomrong Khola. Then we will begin a slow climb as we head up to our destination for the day at Sinuwa.
Day 04 - Sinuwa to Deurali (3150m/10330ft), Duration: 6 Hours
From Sinuwa, we will proceed to Kuldi Ghar. It is about two and a half hours walking distance away. There is a clearing in the forest a little further on, from where the route goes very steeply down the bank of rocks and levels out. We will then hike through thickets of bamboo at the bottom of the gorge, keeping always on the west side of the river. We will pass by the pasture of Tomo, and then the very neck of the gorge at pantheon Barah is reached. We can a small trail and a shrine at Barah. The track then continues to climb to the Himalayas further on out.
Day 05 - Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4210m/13810ft), Duration: 5 Hours
Today, we will climb on past the Machhapuchhre Base Camp from Deurali towards the base camp of Annapurna. This area is also called the Annapurna Sanctuary since it is totally surrounded by mountains and is under protection. From here, it is a two-hour trek to Annapurna Base Camp, which offers spectacular views of the mountains and the natural surroundings of the region
Day 06 - ABC to Bamboo (2310m/7575ft), Duration: 7 Hours
We will follow the same trail down today towards Bamboo. The trail drops by 1,700 meters to the banks of the Modi Khola. Bamboo is situated at an altitude of 2,345 meters, where there are a few teahouse/lodges available to stay at.
Day 07 - Bamboo to Pokhara Duration: 6 Hours
Today, we will follow the same trail until Chhomrong. Once we have passed Khuldighar, we will find that there is an experimental sheep farm here. The trail continues through rhododendron and bamboo fields until Chhomrong. From the village, the trail then descends very steeply to the Jhinu Bridge and continue walk to Matque where we conclude our hike and catch a jeep to Pokhara.
Day 08 - Pokhara to Kathmandu
From Pokhara, we shall drive back to Kathmandu, the journey filled with the ever diverse landscape and changing topography. Overnight at Hotel, breakfast included.
Day 09 - Tour Ends/Departure
Approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight, a representative from Nepal Hiking Team will take you to the airport from where you will take your flight back.
- Airport pickup and drop off by the private vehicle i.e. upon your arrival in Kathmandu and departure from Kathmandu.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara (Twin Room) with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel as per itinerary.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner during the trek. You can choose meals from a menu yourself.
- Ground transportations from Kathmandu to Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus.
- All transfers from Pokhara to Matque (trek starting point) and Matque to Pokhara (trek ending point) by private vehicle as per itinerary.
- Accommodation at the lodge/teahouses (4/5 people will share a room) during the trek.
- An experienced guide for the group, and porters (e. 2 trekkers = 1 porter and 1 trekker = no porter) and including their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental .insurance etc.
- Nepal Hiking Team duffle bag, trekking map, down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek (sleeping bag and down jacket to be returned upon completion of your trip).
- Trip achievement certificate upon request.
- A comprehensive first aid medical kit with oximeter to monitor oxygen level and heartbeat while on the trekking.
- In a worst-case scenario, NHT will help you with rescue and evacuation arrangements (You must have to have travel insurance with the provision of emergency evacuation if required).
- Annapurna Conservation and TIMS Fees- Trekkers' Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport photographs for the permits and also another two for Nepal visa).
- Government taxes & office service charge.
- Lunches and dinners whilst in Kathmandu and Pokhara as well as while traveling to/from Pokhara.
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to undertake any outdoor activities in Nepal.).
- International airfare to/from Nepal.
- Private vehicle and airfare to/from Pokhara. We can certainly arrange a flight to/from Pokhara upon request with additional cost.
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.).
- Hot showers during the trek. Warm water is available to take shower all the places, and it cost approx. 200 Rupees per bucket.
- Drinking water and other drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Advised to buy safe drinking water (Boiled Filtered) throughout the hike and cost approx. 200 Rupees per litter.
- Personal trekking equipment except for sleeping bag, down jacket and duffle bags.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver.
Cost & Dates
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
All Inclusive Price: