May 29, 2023
The Tenzing Hillary Marathon was held today to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the first Mt Everest Summit by Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary on 29th May 2023. The international event has been a traditional event since 2003 that everyone looks up to.
The race commences from Everest Base Camp and goes all the way crossing the Sherpa villages of Gorakshep, Lobuche, Dingboche, Pangboche, and Tengboche and finally ends at Namche Bazaar. At Namche Bazaar, hundreds of spectators gather around to cheer and celebrate the winners' victories as they complete the marathon.
There are different categories of races, i.e., 42km Full Marathon and 21 km Half Marathon. We have an updated list of winners from different categories of this challenging marathon on the Everest Base Camp.
Here is the list of winners of the Tenzing Hillary Marathon-
Half Marathon Result - 21km
- 1st Place: Ms. Samjhanna Rai ( India) Time: 3:19:48
- 2nd Place: Ms Emma Williams( Australia) Time: 3:21:41
- 3rd Place: Mr. Alexander Burtsev ( Russia) Time: 3:23:54
Full Marathon Result 2023 - 42km
- 1st Place: Mr Suman Kulung ( Nepal) 3:48:54
- 2nd Place: Dal Bahadur Kunwar( Nepal) 3:57:53
- 3rd Place: Umesh Rai ( Nepal) 4:02:03
The Tenzing Hillary Marathon was a success, and we at Nepal Hiking Team would also like to congratulate all the brave participants and winners of the race.