Upper Mustang trek with Yara is the most popular trek amongst the other restricted areas of Nepal. The trek leads to this long forbidden Tibetan Kingdom in a remote and arid land of spectacular Tibetan monasteries, canyons, gorges and cave complexes that border Tibet. Although the new road construction has changed the region quickly.
- Jomsom notably the heart of the district for all the trade and business concerns
- The village of Ghumsa, Kagbeni, Chele, Yara and many more
- The kingdom of Lo-Manthang
- The walled caves and the monasteries, chortens, gumbas
- The world’s deepest gorge- Kali Gandaki gorge
- Guided tour of the world’s heritage sites based in Kathmandu valley
What is the trail like?
The trek is a moderate degree of the trek.
- The path enters one of the remote regions of Nepal so please note that you are required to have a special permit.
- The region is a desolate land which is for the most part encompassed by Trans Himalayas and will give you the same vibe as Tibet.
- The most extreme height you will reach is 3840m at Lo Manthang. This trek takes on a slow rise every day nothing excessively high. On normal you will increase 300-400 m rise and you will stroll for around 4-5 hours every day during the trekking days.
- In the event that strolling will be unreasonably hard for you, at that point you can hire horses or ponies to take you to your next destinations.
The region was only opened to foreigners since 1992 and ever since then, the magnificent landscape of the region has attracted a large number of travelers in its vicinity. Moreover, the rugged landscapes of this region are a treat for visitors where one can explore the lifestyle and the culture of the people living in the remote Himalayan region of Nepal. Historically, Mustang used to be its own kingdom with its own rulers and dynasty. But the monarchy ceased to exist on October 7, 2008, by order of the Government of Nepal.
The old culture which follows an old type of Buddhism is an incredible matter important to most trekkers who stay in this area. Explorers experience grasping visits to religious communities of past, Buddhist shrines that recount to a story with numerous gompas and mandalas. Likewise, you can fully engulf with the religious side of the region through the chortens, stupas, Mani walls that adorn the route all through the journey.
Besides the world-class stunning landscapes views, the Kingdom of Lo, Jomsom, Kagbeni, and the many villages with small settlements of people along with the massive cliffs where many deeply engraved caves have formed ages ago. Likewise, among many villages, you will visit Yara which is one of the notable hill famous for its natural sandy castle and the scenery around it.
All in all, Upper Mustang Trek with Yara is an epic journey through remote and stunning stretches of the country.