Stand tall on the Lobuche peak and get the three sixty degree panoramic view of mountains at its most glamorous attire bestowing right before you. A peak that lies so close to the Khumbu glacier offers the best views of mountains in the Khumbu region like Mt. Everest, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse and many more. Achieve the glory of being on the top of the world i.e. Everest Base Camp and experience the climbing adventure of a peak that stands right on the Lobuche which is a last settlement region on the way to Everest Base Camp. Lobuche peak climbing is technically difficult and one should possess some ice skills for climbing along a steep, vertical and snowy trail.
Talking about the climb, it is quite strenuous and one should have good tolerance capacity to endure the harsh climate and weather along with thinness in air. As the climb is technical, steep and rocky, one should have proper skill to handle ice, axe and ropes. Prior experience is a must to accomplish this expedition successfully. The splendid views of mountains like Mt. Pumori, Mt. Tawache, Mt. Everest, Khumbu Himal, Khumbu icefall, etc. will be a blessing for all your strenuous efforts.
So, if you think you can endure the thinness in air and have enough skills to climb Lobuche Peak, contact Nepal Hiking Team for a reliable travel partner.
- Day 01 : Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
- Day 02 : Preparation for trek and Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour
- Day 03 : Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2652m/8699ft) Duration: 3 hours
- Day 04 : Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11283ft) Duration: 6 hours
- Day 05 : Namche Bazar and Everest View Hotel
- Day 06 : Trek to Tengboche (3860m/12660ft) Duration: 5 hours
- Day 07 : Trek to Dingboche (4410m/14464ft) Duration: 5 hours
- Day 08 : Dingboche to Nagerjun (5100m/16728ft) and return Duration: 6 hours
- Day 09 : Trek to Lobuche (4910m/16105ft) Duration: 5 hours
- Day 10 : Trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m/17594ft) & back to Gorekshep (5181m/16994ft) Duration: 8 hours
- Day 11 : Hiking to Kalapattar (5545m/18218ft) - Gorekshep - Lobuche peak base camp (4910m/16105) Duration: 6 hours
- Day 12 : Summit to Lobuche east peak (6119m/20070ft) then back to Pheriche (4210m/13008ft) Duration: 10-12 hrs
- Day 13 : Reserve day for contingency
- Day 14 : Trek to Namche (3440m/11283ft) Duration: 7 hours
- Day 15 : Trek to Lukla (2800m/9184ft) Duration: 7 hours
- Day 16 : Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 17 : Leisure day
- Day 18 : Farewell
- All ground transports in private vehicle including airport transfers
- Four nights accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and climb
- Lobuche Peak climbing permit fee
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek and tented accommodation during the climbing
- Seasonal fruits during the trek
- Government licensed holder English speaking guide during the trek and climb, require porter (1 porter between two clients) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance
- Round trip flight Kathmandu – Lukla and Lukla – Kathmandu including departure taxes
- Duffle bag for the trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
- Nepal Hiking Team T - shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- Tea/coffee, boiled water will be provided during the climb
- Sagarmatha National Park Permits fee
- General climbing equipment such as rope, ice screw, snow bar etc
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Meals not specified in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary'
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Optional tours and activities during free time
- Nepal entry visa
- Garbage deposit fee US$ 250.00 (Refundable)
- Drink Including water, coke, fanta, alcoholic beverage, snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek except Lukla, Phakding and Namche
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers
Day 01 : Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Arrive in Kathmandu at any time. Our airport representative will welcome you and explain the program further. There are no planned activities for the day, so check into the hotel. Enjoy your overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Preparation for trek and Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour
Touring the World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu Valley that includes: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa and Pasupatinath Temple. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 03 : Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2652m/8699ft) Duration: 3 hours
Early morning transfer to the airport for Lukla flight. The flight to Lukla is a lifetime experience in itself. The airfield is at high evaluation and the difference between the two ends of the runway is about an exceptional 60 meters only. Trek to Phakding with an arresting, green landscape with the view of Kusum Kangraru. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 04 : Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11283ft) Duration: 6 hours
We follow the Dudh Koshi, ascending through Himalayan pine and cedar forests, to the celebrated village of Namche Bazaar. The village of Namche is a historic trading post where Nepalese and Tibetan traders exchange salt, dried meat and textiles.
Besides being a splendid destination to shop for traditional crafts, Namche remains the central trading post in the Khumbu that attracts Himalayan and lowland merchants. You will spend two days at Namche for acclimatization, visit local markets and spend time with your team. On the hike we capture our first glimpses of Everest and neighboring peaks.Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 05 : Namche Bazar and Everest View Hotel
This day is especially sectioned for acclimatization. We will hike to Syangboche Airport (3700m), supposed to be the highest airport in the world, then continue climbing to Everest View Hotel for great panoramic views of the Everest, Lhotse, Amadablam, Tawache etc. On the way back, we visit Sherpa Culture Museum and Everest Photo Gallery. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 06 : Trek to Tengboche (3860m/12660ft) Duration: 5 hours
The uniform and easy trail leads us towards the view of Mount Everest, descending deep into the Dudh Koshi Valley at Pungki Thanka and from this point, it ascends the right flank of the Dudh Koshi valley to Tengboche Monastery (3860m). It is the spiritual center of the Khumbu. The climb is lengthy, but is more than adequately compensated by gorgeous views of Mount Amadablam and on a clear day, views of Mt. Everest and its surrounding peaks. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 07 : Trek to Dingboche (4410m/14464ft) Duration: 5 hours
Descend through a beautiful forest, cross the Imja Khola and trek through the village of Pangboche (3900m); perhaps today is the most interesting trekking because you will not lose altitude like on other days and you will enjoy views of Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Lhotse & other peaks; the route continues through pastures to Dingboche, known as the 'summer valley'. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 08 : Dingboche to Nagerjun (5100m/16728ft) and return Duration: 6 hours
This would be your second acclimatization day that requires about 6 hours of trekking to an altitude of 5100m. After breakfast, you ascend Nagerjun (5100m), a hill located on the flanks of the Chhukung valley directly above Dingboche.
The main aim is to climb high and sleep low. The foot path becomes steep at times, resulting in a physically strenuous day. Ascending the hill could take up to 5 hours at altitude.
From this altitude there are good views of Lobuche East (6119m), Lobuche West (6145m), Taboche Peak (6367m), Thamserku (6608m), Kangtega (6685m) and Ama Dablam (6856m). On a clear day, you could even see Makalu, the world’s fifth highest mountain, including great views of the Pheriche Valley.
After a short rest, you start the descent back to Dingboche and the walk at altitude takes about 2 hours. After lunch, take a well deserved rest, as afternoon temperatures could drop rapidly as the sun sets over the mountain tops. You will also spend a second night in Dingboche. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 09 : Trek to Lobuche (4910m/16105ft) Duration: 5 hours
Trek along a broad valley floor to Dughla, passing the Trekkers Aid Post at Pheriche (4240 m). This trek is staffed by western volunteer doctors and supported by the Himalayan Rescue Association, which offers treatment and consultation to trekkers. Continue up the valley, gaining altitude. We come out of the valley to descend to the yak pastures of Lobuche (4910m). Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 10 : Trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m/17594ft) & back to Gorekshep (5181m/16994ft) Duration: 8 hours
After a short climb through meadows, look down at the Khumbu glacier. Straight ahead is Kalapattar - the best vantage point to view the entire south face of Mt. Everest and the surrounding peaks. After a couple of hours we will get to Gorekshep, and continue our journey to the Everest base camp.
There is not much elevation gain, but there are a lot of ups and downs and, combined with altitude, this can be an exhausting trek - but the journey is worth it. After approximately 3 hrs of hiking, you will arrive at the base camp and enjoy a magnificent view of the Khumbu glacier and icefall, where the Everest expeditions begin. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 11 : Hiking to Kalapattar (5545m/18218ft) - Gorekshep - Lobuche peak base camp (4910m/16105) Duration: 6 hours
We hike up to Kalapattar (5545m). It is the best viewpoint to witness Mt. Everest and the spectacular Himalayan range. We then trek back to Gorekshep for hot breakfast and continue descending to Lobuche Base camp. Overnight at Tent, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Pre-Climb Training: Our guides will provide you training on peak climbing techniques after the lunch. They teach you how to use climbing gears such as ice axe, climbing boot and crampons, harness, ascender etc. and on how to go up and down using ropes. Prior training is not mandatory for Island Peak Climbing but yet we believe that some training experience will boost up your confidence and climbing skills. This helps you to increase your chances to scale the summit and enjoy the experience fully.
Day 12 : Summit to Lobuche east peak (6119m/20070ft) then back to Pheriche (4210m/13008ft) Duration: 10-12 hrs
We start to climb Lobuche peak early in the morning but it depends on the weather condition. It takes about ten hours to reach the summit. We can see the panoramic views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Tawache, Cholatse, Pumori, Changri and more from the peak. After a safe climb to the peak, we slowly make our way down to Pheriche. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 13 : Reserve day for contingency
We cannot guarantee if the weather remains favorable on our planned day for the summit (day 12). So, this day is used just in case if we will be unable to climb the summit the on day 12 due to bad weather or other reasons. We should wisely postpone our program of scaling the peak if the weather gets unfavorable.
Sometimes you or your group members may get some problems in acclimatizing. This day may be used in case. If the trip goes smoothly, we do not need this spare day. Overnight in the tent/guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 14 : Trek to Namche (3440m/11283ft) Duration: 7 hours
Easy walk along the Imja Khola, short climb to Tengboche, descend Pungki Thanka and complete steep to Kyangjuma, and easier trail to Namche. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 15 : Trek to Lukla (2800m/9184ft) Duration: 7 hours
The trek continues along the Dudh Kosi River to the small mountain airstrip at Lukla, where you will catch your return flight to Kathmandu. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 16 : Fly back to Kathmandu
30-minutes amazing scenic fly back to Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 17 : Leisure day
Spend the day in Kathmandu, to rest or to explore, as per your inclination. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 18 : Farewell
Approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight, a representative from the Nepal Hiking Team will take you to the airport. If you have more time you can do some shopping or sightseeing.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.