The perfect sync of adventure and nature in a trip you do not want to miss is the 22 days Gokyo Lake-EBC-Island Peak Climbing. The Island Peak, also known as Imja Tse, was first discovered by an expedition team of Eric Shipton in 1952. Located along the Everest Base Camp paths is one of the most climbed Himalayan peaks. The peak resembling an island in a sea of ice has an elevation of 6189 meters. The trip is an amalgamation of nature, adventure, and culture all in one. The trek to Everest Base Camp (EBC) also serves as an ideal rest point and can summit the Island peak. Reaching the top of the summit can be seen as a personal challenge and sometimes even a stepping stone to one’s climbing journey. The trek and climb provide a perfect opportunity to assimilate into the majestic Khumbu realms.
Highlights of the trek
- Rewarding views of the Everest range, mountain peaks, and fascinating backdrop
- Experiencing the rich Sherpa culture and learning about their way of life up close
- Put yourself to ease and unwind at the heart of the Khumbu region, The Namche Bazaar, as you acclimatize and get a taste of the art culture and vibe of the bustling town!
- Hike to the beautiful Ngozumpa Glacier and climb up to Gokyo valley for the magnificence and serenity it offers.
- Celebrate the feat of reaching the world’s highest Base Camp at Everest as you stand beneath the massive mountains at 5364 m.
- Begin your expedition as you challenge yourself to the summit of Island Peak (Imja Tse) on top of 6189 m!
- Catch the panoramic views of the world’s most famous peaks, all 4 reigning over 8000 meters (Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Lhotse) and other peaks above 6000 meters.
The Gokyo Lake-Everest Base Camp-Island Peak fulfills the aspirations of new and experienced climbers who seek thrill along with the vistas of the splendor Mountains. The climb itself is not technical; however, since it is a long journey and you will find yourself walking constantly, it tests one’s endurance and patience. The Island Peak glaciated more on the west face offers the best views of the Everest massifs like Makalu, Ama Dablam, Nuptse, and many more. The journey can be strenuous at times but getting lost amidst the beauty of the Khumbu region and being rewarded with the views is what makes our struggles worth it. Our journey begins with a flight to Lukla as we head for Gokyo lakes, EBC, and ultimately make our way to the Island Peak Base camp. Post reaching the Peak Base Camp, we prepare for our Island peak climbing and reach the elevation at 6189 meters.
The Gokyo Lake-Everest Base Camp-Island Peak journey is an unforgettable trip to the Khumbu region. The landscapes are diverse full of challenging courses, and the views are unimaginable! Plus, the bonus of landing at the world’s highest base camp and summiting one of the peaks of Khumbu’s beauty is truly exceptional. Yes, the route can get tough testing your patience truly. There are further challenges of the terrains getting tough and altitude sickness. Hence being physically active and having trekked to high altitudes is definitely a bonus. However, our guides and core staff will also ensure you are safe and secure anywhere you travel. Your safety lies in our hands, and you will always remain our topmost priority. We have a range of packages that might spark your interest. So, do not think much and contact us to experience the best of the Everest region with Nepal Hiking Team!