Are you a mountain lover? Then Everest Base Camp Short Trek is an ideal one for you!
Watch the sunsets and sunrise when the sky is beautifully painted differently over the mountains.
The Everest Base Camp, one of the best treks in Nepal, is undoubtedly one of the spectacular treks that take you on a journey to the breathtaking scenery of majestic meadows and leafy green steep hillsides of the Khumbu region. The 14-day Everest Base Camp trek is relatively short, and the hike is the main attraction with views of alpine lakes and mountains.
Why 14-day Everest Base Camp Trek?
The Everest Base camp trek of 14 days is a fabled walking expedition up to Kala Patthar. The highest hiking point justifiably offers one of the world’s most incredible treks. The route to the Everest Base Camp makes this trek an adventure for intrepid trekkers, and even more, if you are a nature lover, Everest Base Camp is calling you on your next expedition.
The Everest Base Camp short trek trail traces picturesque sights, traditional Himalayan culture, known as the Sherpa culture, terraced farmlands and forests of juniper and rhododendron, and moraines. Passing through the stunning landscape, the views along the way will capture your heart.
The trek will take you away from the chaos of city life and the daily luxuries of life, making it undoubtedly extraordinary!
Highlights of the Everest Base Camp Short Trek
- The world’s most scenic and extreme flight from Kathmandu to Lukla is the main gateway to the Everest trekking region, with the shortest runways in the world.
- Experience the Himalayan ecosystem with your visit to Sagarmatha National Park to explore endangered animals, flora, and fauna.
- Enjoy the views of high ranges like Kondgi Ri, Ama Dablam, Tawache, the Kusum Kagaru, Makalu, and many more in the Khumbu region.
- Enjoy your day at Nepal’s Himalayan tourism capital “Namche Bazaar,” also known as an acclimatization destination.
- Cross the swinging Hillary suspension bridge (the highest suspension bridge in Nepal), considered holy by the Himalayan people.
- Visit the Tengboche monastery that resides in the hillock of Tengboche village on the convergence of Dudh Koshi and Imja river. Mani Rimdu, a festival of Sherpas, is one of the attractions here.
- Trek to Everest Base Camp (5300 m), an area embellished with colorful prayer flags, offers the closest point to view the highest mountain in the world.
- Hike up to Kala Patthar, an add-on hike that gives a 360-degree view of Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, and Ama Dablam.
- Explore and enjoy authentic Sherpa culture, festivals, and food.
- See the formidable Khumbu Icefall (5,486 m), considered one of the most dangerous stages of the Everest Summit, not far away from the Everest Base Camp.
- Watch the best sunsets and sunrise.
History of the Everest Expedition
Conquered by Sir Edmund Hillary and mountaineer Tenzing Norgay, Everest, also referred to as Chomolungma (Goddess Mother of the Earth) by Tibetan natives, established the Everest Base Camp to store supplies. The Everest trekking region has fantastic flora and fauna, which would capture your attention, offering you lifelong memories. After the first successful summit made by Hillary and Tenzing in 1953, the Everest Base Camp trek has earned popularity in the Khumbu region as it genuinely captivates the soul of the trekkers.
Everest Base Camp Route Overview
The Everest Base Camp route begins with a short-haul flight from Kathmandu to the trailhead of the Everest trekking region in Lukla. You will begin your hike from Lukla towards Phakding, a perfect hike for newbies getting used to altitude and trail terrain.
The next day, the hike continues uphill from the village of Phakding to Namche Bazaar, a commercialized town for buying the essentials needed for the trek. You will enjoy Namche Bazaar the next day, primarily for acclimatization. You will pass by many wobbly wooden suspension bridges as you walk along. From the bridge, you will get an opportunity to see the convergence of the Dudh Koshi river and Imja Khola(river) across beautiful green pastures and river basins. After crossing the bridge, you will have the first opportunity to see Mount Everest.
After an overnight stay, you will continue your hike to Tengboche village for five to six hours. You can stop to visit the Tengboche Monastery, embellished with colorful prayer flags. On this trail, you will pass by many chortens (Buddhist shrines) and Gompas (monasteries). From Tengboche, you will get a beautiful glimpse of mountains like Thamserku, Tawache, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, the Pumori, Makalu, and a few others.
The following day the trekking of five to six hours begins from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,410 m), from where you will hike up to Nagarjuna Hill (5100 m), a nearby hill, and then hike back to Dingboche.
After acclimatization day, the hike will resume towards Lobuche, the village of Khumbu that lies in the closest proximity. From Lobuche, the next day’s journey is towards Everest Base Camp’s ultimate destination. At the Everest Base Camp, get a surreal experience and return to Gorakshep for your overnight stay.
From Gorakshep, you will hike up to Kala Patthar the next day and then return. You will continue downhill back to the same route on the same day.
The 14-day Everest Base Camp trek is a beautiful opportunity to immerse yourself in nature which is as surreal as a fairyland.
Alternative ways to explore!
Choose between the options that are best for you.
The Everest Base Camp Heli Trek is a fantastic opportunity for the ones who have limited days of vacation and can’t endure many days of trekking. Enjoy bird’s eye views over the fabled Himalayan range.
If you are keen, you can add some lakes to this adventurous Heli tour. The Everest Gokyo Lake Trek is one of them to choose to see the pristine turquoise lake, massive icy glaciers, and best panoramic view of snow-capped mountains.
Otherwise, if you are looking for extra time in Kathmandu (the capital city of Nepal) and wish to tour the historical sites, then you can book the 16 days Everest Base Camp Trek (It’s our best seller).
Hence, despite the kind of travel you want to opt for, the Everest Base Camp Short Trek guarantees to provide you with a great experience in the Himalayas of Khumbu.
So come and celebrate the inevitable nature wonder!