Volunteer as you trek is a newly designed package after the deteriorating 7.8 Richter scale earthquake in Nepal. The destruction caused by the earthquake was massive. Many of them lost their lives, their loved ones and their homes. The feeling of being homeless, the feeling of letting oneself see their hard earned money of lifetime turned into mud and dust; nothing could have been more painful!
If you care for them, then just come visit Nepal and taste the wonders of nature along with a volunteering attempt to help the earthquake victims! Your visit to Nepal will also be an effort to prosper the tourism industry in Nepal after the destructive earthquake. This trek includes the Ghorepani poon Hill Trek along with your visit to the earthquake affected areas.
We initiate our journey from the capital city of Nepal – Kathmandu to the country side earthquake affected area where you will investigate the life of people and support them. We help their rebuild their houses and contribute to their grief however we can. Exploring and volunteering the affected areas, we move head towards Pokhara. Pokhara is the most happening place in Nepal. Embedded with the azure lakes, this valley possesses all the beauty of nature. From rivers, waterfalls, valleys, lush hills, forests to mountains, you can enjoy every aspect of nature here.
As we reach Pokhara, we drive to Nayapul and start our trekking journey. We pass ethnic settlement villages, walk through dense rhododendron and fir forests to Ghorepani. Ghorepani is best known for its mountain views. As we reach Ghorepani, we will be welcomed by the awe inspiring views of mountains like Annapurna I, II, III, IV, Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri, Macchapucchre and many more. Poon Hill is a vantage point in the region famous for its glorious sunrise and sunset views from amongst the towering vistas of Annapurna.
Merge into the beauty of beautiful Nepal and help the earthquake victims! Volunteer as You Trek helps you to act benevolent and inspire living as you enjoy the beauty of Himalayas!
- Day 1: Arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
- Day 2: Kathmandu valley sightseeing and orientation
- Day 3: Drive to countryside for volunteering
- Day 4: Rebuilding of houses
- Day 5: Volunteering continues
- Day 6: Drive back to Pokhara
- Day 7: Drive to Nayapul (1,010m) Duration 1 hour and Trek to Tikhedhunga (1,570m) Duration 4 hrs
- Day 8: Trek to Ghorepani (2850m) Duration: 7 hrs
- Day 9: Hike up to Poon Hill (3,210m/10529ft) and onto Tadapani (2,610m/8560ft) Duration: 7 hrs
- Day 10: Tadapani to Ghandruk (1950m/6396ft) Duration: 3 hrs
- Day 11: Ghandruk to Pokhara (910m) Duration: 5 hrs
- Day 12: Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Day 13: Farewell
- All airport transfers by private car
- Three nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Two nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Pokhara
- Kathmandu city tours, including of all entry fees, tour guide and private vehicle
- Full baord meals with tea/coffee (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Three nights’ accommodation with meals at local house in countryside
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek
- Transportations from Kathmandu – Dhading Jyamrum – Pokhara – Kathmandu by tourist bus
- Private transportation from Pokhara to trek starting point and trek ending point to Pokhara
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porter (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff
- Nepal Hiking Team duffle bag, down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
- Nepal Hiking Team T – shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- Annapurna conservation permit fee
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Government taxes and service charge
- Meals not specified in the ‘Meal Inclusions’ in the itinerary’
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All kind of drinks (hot and cold) during the trek
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
Day 1: Arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Our airport staff will receive you, takes you to hotel and explain the detail program. No plans for the day of arrival for the time to rest after travel. Overnight at hotel
Day 2: Kathmandu valley sightseeing and orientation
After breakfast, you will have a day of sightseeing of UNESCO world heritage sites in Kathmandu. At evening we will give you a brief orientation about the village for volunteering and discuss about some basic skills of rebuilding. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 3: Drive to countryside for volunteering
Considering the effect of earthquake in an area and safety of the volunteers, we will choose the site of volunteering in the nearby village. The site will be within 6 to 7 hrs drive from Kathmandu. Your stay at the site will be managed. Stay at local house and local food will be provided.
Day 4: Rebuilding of houses
You will be taken to the volunteering site where you will volunteer for the rebuilding of the earthquake damaged houses. You choose to volunteer for any work that you have special skills on. Experience the joy of helping people who really needed. Stay at local house and local food will be provided.
Day 5: Volunteering continues
Same work from the previous day is continued and the volunteering work will be wrapped up with the end of the day. Stay at local house and local food will be provided.
Day 6: Drive back to Pokhara
On this day we will drive to Pokhara and after arrival and hotel check in, in the evening, you may enjoy leisure boating on the scenic Fewa Lake and see the reflection of the Mount Machhapuchhre and Annapurna Range on the crystal clear water of the Lake. You will spend a night in hotel.
Day 7: Drive to Nayapul (1,010m) Duration 1 hour and Trek to Tikhedhunga (1,570m) Duration 4 hrs
After breakfast at the hotel, you will have an hour drive on a private vehicle to Nayapul, where the trekking begins. A short 15-minute walk from Nayapul along the banks of the Modi Khola takes you to Birethanti (1,015m) a large village with many shops and teahouses. From there, the trail continues through the village and follows the north bank of the Bhurungdi Khola. From this point the steady elevation from the side of the valley continues up to Hille at 1,495m and after a short climb, we reach Tikhedhunga at 1,570m. Since, this is first day of the trek; the walk is relatively short and easy to provide you with an introductory trekking experience in Annapurna region. At night enjoy your stay at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 8: Trek to Ghorepani (2850m) Duration: 7 hrs
The trail continues from Tikhe Dhunga crossing a suspension bridge, and ascending a steep stone staircase of 3300 steps to Ulleri at the height of 2080m. Above the village, the trail climbs gently through pastures and cultivated fields. We will reach the camp site after one hour walk from Ulleri, where there is water and place to rest. After crossing two streams and completing a short climb, we reach to Nangethanti, where we stop for lunch. In the winter the trail can be covered with snow. From Nangethanti we will climb to Ghorepani at 2850m, from here we can see the spectacular panorama of Dhaulagiri I (8167m), Nilgiri (6940m) Annapurna I (8091m) Hiunchuli (6441m) and more. At Ghorepani we stay for the night at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 9: Hike up to Poon Hill (3,210m/10529ft) and onto Tadapani (2,610m/8560ft) Duration: 7 hrs
Early morning hiking to Poon Hill (3,210m/10529ft); a viewpoint; from where you could observe a superb view of the sunrise and a panoramic view of the Himalaya, including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Fishtail, and others. After visiting Poonhill, we will return to Ghorepani, have breakfast there, and continue walking to Tadapani. Stay in Tadapani at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 10: Tadapani to Ghandruk (1950m/6396ft) Duration: 3 hrs
This day we will descend from Tadapani to Ghandruk, a village of Gurung people, one of the ethnic groups of Nepal. They have their own dialect, culture, costume, and life style. Ghandruk is also home to many Gurkha soldiers. It is a famous destination for trekkers as it is known for its beautiful mountain views and also because it's within easy approach from Pokhara and Kathmandu. We have the afternoon to visit the Annapurna Conservation Office, museums and explore the village. One night stay at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 11: Ghandruk to Pokhara (910m) Duration: 5 hrs
We descend an easy trail from Ghandruk to Pokhara via Nayapul. One night stay at a hotel in Pokhara including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 12: Pokhara to Kathmandu
Scenic drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus will take approximately 6 hrs. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 13: Farewell
After breakfast, approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight a representative from Nepal Hiking Team will take you to the airport.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.