Simikot Kailash Zhangmu Tour is one the most preferred tours to Tibet that allows you to rejoice the fascinating beauty of Himalayas like holy Mt. Kailash, Mt. Everest along with the wilderness of Tibetan plateaus. This adventurous journey starts from the secluded region of Nepal and takes you to the Trans Himalayan region to let you enjoy the wild appeal of Himalayas and Tibetan plateaus.
Take a trail less travelled and walk to the spiritual hub – Mt Kailash and Lake Mansarovar! Mt. Kailash is a holy mountain that owns its own religious importance. There are many myths described in Hindu, Buddhist and Jain religion about this place. As per Hinduism, Mt. Kailash is a home of Lord Shiva. It is a place where Lord Shiva resides with his wife Parvati and meditate. As per Jains, Mt. Kailash (Mt. Asthapada) is a place where their founder – Rishavdev had undergone nirvana. Similarly, as per Buddhism, it is a birthplace of Guru Rinpoche and Chakra Samvara, the great people who initiated Buddhism in Tibet. Buddhist people refer Mt. Kailash as a jewel of snow! Every year pilgrims from various corners of world come to perform Kora in Mt. Kailash. The mountain possess two turquoise coloured lake at high altitude namely Lake Mansarovar and Rakshesa.
Another mystical aspect of Mt. Kailash is that four rivers namely Brahmaputra, Karnili, Indus and Sutlej origin from a place around the mountain. the Simikot Kailash Zhangmu Tour a journey to this spectacular place is a reward that will bless you with the views of mountains, wild landscape of Tibetan plateaus, valleys and the turquoise lakes embedded in the white floor of mountains.
- Day 01 : Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
- Day 02 : Tours preparation and Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour
- Day 03 : Fly to Nepalgunj
- Day 04 : Fly to Simikot (2985m/9790ft) and trek to Dharapori (2360m/7740ft) Duration: 4 - 6 hours
- Day 05 : Dharapori to Kermi (2860m/9383ft) Duration: 5 - 6 hours
- Day 06 : Kermi to Yalbang (2879m/9445ft) Duration: 5 - 6 hours
- Day 07 : Yalbang to Tumkot (3073m/10082ft) Duration: 5 - 6 hours
- Day 08 : Tumkot to Yari (3663m/12017ft) Duration: 6 - 7 hours
- Day 09 : Yari to Hilsa (3647m/11965ft) via Nara La pass, duration: 5 - 6 hours
- Day 10 : Hilsa to Manasarovar (3772m/12375ft) Duration : 3-4 hours
- Day 11 : Mansarovar – Tarchen (40 km) Duration: 2-3 hrs
- Day 12 : Tarchen – Tarboche (13 km drive) – Dirapuk (4860m.) (7 km trek / 5 – 6 hrs)
- Day 13 : Dirapuk – Zuthulpuk (4760m) (18 km trek / 9-10 km) (passing through Dolma-la pass 5600m)
- Day 14 : Zuthulpuk – Tarchen (Darchen) (10 km / 4-5 hrs) – Mansarovar- Dongba (end of Kailash Parikrama) 277 km
- Day 15 : Drive Dongba to Nyalam (376 km) 7-8 hrs.
- Day 16 : Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 17 : Leisure day
- Day 18 : Farewell
- All ground transports in private vehicle including airport transfers
- Four nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu city tours including all entry fees, tour guide and private vehicle
- Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and Nepalgunj to Simikot including departure tax
- A night accommodation at a standard hotel in Nepalgunj with breakfast
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek in Nepal part
- Best available twin sharing Lodge/Guesthouses during the Tibet tours
- All your standard meals with tea/coffee (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking Nepal part
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment etc. for Nepal part trek
- Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB) approved guide for Tibet tours
- Yaks and Yak-men to carry baggage while Kailash Parikrama
- Tibet entry travel permit, Chinese visa and applicable entry fees during the trek/tours in Nepal/Tibet
- Oxygen cylinder for Kailash Parikrama
- All government taxes and official expense
- Meals not specified in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary'
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa
- All cold drinks such as: alcoholic beverages, mineral water, Coke, Fanta, juice, etc.
- Nepali staff for Tibet tours
- Shopping, laundry, internet, phone bills
- Personal trekking equipment
- Extra cost of transportation, porters involved due landslides, snowfall
- Services other than specified. Extra days stay at Kathmandu / any other place
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
Day 01 : Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Arrive in Kathmandu at any time. Our airport representative will welcome you and explain the program further. There are no planned activities for the day, so check into the hotel. Enjoy your overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Tours preparation and Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour
Touring the World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu Valley that includes: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa and Pasupatinath Temple. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 03 : Fly to Nepalgunj
Today we take a 90 minute flight to Nepalgunj in the far south-west of Nepal. It is a busy crowded city which lies close to the Indian border. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 04 : Fly to Simikot (2985m/9790ft) and trek to Dharapori (2360m/7740ft) Duration: 4 - 6 hours
We take a 40-minute flight from Nepalgunj to Simikot and admire the beauty of the soaring mountain cliffs from our airplane. Simikot, the head quarter of the Humla District, is cut off from the rest of the country due to its remoteness. While here, we learn about the local people and their rich culture, which is closely tied to the Tibetans because of the close proximity of the two places. We have lunch at Simikot and also register for the permit at the police office. From Simikot, we ascend for a while, then descend towards the village of Tuling. We continue walking through jungles and villages along the Karnali River towards Dharapori. Overnight at the guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 05 : Dharapori to Kermi (2860m/9383ft) Duration: 5 - 6 hours
Our walk is on relatively flat trails beginning with the trail alongside the Karnali River. We walk along the fields cultivated mainly with barley, buckwheat, rice and potatoes. There are two hot springs near Kermi where we may soothe our aching bodies. We can also visit ancient Buddhist monasteries close to Kermi --Laikyo Gompa and Lhundrup Choeling Gompa. Overnight at the guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 06 : Kermi to Yalbang (2879m/9445ft) Duration: 5 - 6 hours
Today’ trek is a flat and steep ascent until reaching a small pass and crossing a suspension bridge over the Salli River. From here one can enjoy views of the beautiful pine trees and the mighty Karnali River. We will also visit the remote Namkha Khyung Dzong Monastery. Overnight at the guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 07 : Yalbang to Tumkot (3073m/10082ft) Duration: 5 - 6 hours
We walk on a trail above the Karnali River. As we ascend further, the greenery begins to vanish and so do the smaller bushes. They give way to pine trees and rocky hills. After reaching Tumkot, we visit Dhungkar Choezom Monastery, one of the most important Sakya monasteries in the Tibetan region. Overnight at the guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 08 : Tumkot to Yari (3663m/12017ft) Duration: 6 - 7 hours
Today's trek is on a relatively easy trail above the Karnali River. After walking a few miles we begin to notice the change in climate, vegetation and landscape which becomes more rocky and secluded. The trees that you see are not pine trees anymore. They are now short and low junipers. Overnight at the guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 09 : Yari to Hilsa (3647m/11965ft) via Nara La pass, duration: 5 - 6 hours
We cross the first pass of the trek today, the Nara La pass (4,620m). The vegetation is bleak by now and the landscape is familiar to that of Tibet. After crossing the pass we will be greeted by excellent views of the beautiful Tibetan plateau and Yari Village. From here on, it is a shaky descent down until Hilsa, a border town which is also a dropping point for the pilgrims on their way to Mt. Kailash by helicopter. Overnight at the guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 10 : Hilsa to Manasarovar (3772m/12375ft) Duration : 3-4 hours
We walk across the Friendship bridge at Hilsa where the Chinese officials will check our permits and passports. We also meet our Tibetan guide here. We then drove to Manasarovar, passing Rinzin Zangpo Gompa and Kangje Village along the way. Overnight stay at the Guesthouse.
Day 11 : Mansarovar – Tarchen (40 km) Duration: 2-3 hrs
Holy Mansarovar is the lake of compassion, tranquility and bliss. After completing the memorable morning bath and puja we will be heading for Holy Mansarovar Parikrama by land cruiser with packed lunch and continue drive towards Tarchen (Darchen). If time permits, we visit Chui Gompa. Tarchen is considered as a base camp for Holy Kailash Parikrama. During the auspicious pilgrimage time, this place will be flooded with pilgrims with hundreds of tents all around. Overnight stay at the Guesthouse.
Day 12 : Tarchen – Tarboche (13 km drive) – Dirapuk (4860m.) (7 km trek / 5 – 6 hrs)
After breakfast drive to Tarboche – starting point of Kailash Parikrama. Tarboche is also known as outer “Asthapath”. It is one of the exciting days walking along the beautiful rocky cliffs; waterfalls with some clouds in the clear blue sky make you feeling that Great God Shiva is everywhere with tons of blessing to you. Time to time the face of Kailash Parbat will be kept on appearing. For 7 km trail it takes almost 7 hrs. Overnight at the Government Guesthouse.
Day 13 : Dirapuk – Zuthulpuk (4760m) (18 km trek / 9-10 km) (passing through Dolma-la pass 5600m)
Today you will be climbing to Drolma-la (Dolma-La 18368ft) and then descending gradually to Zuthulpuk (4760m). Yamasthal should be crossed to reach the Shiva-sthal while your steps go closer to the pass. Overnight at the Government Guesthouse.
Day 14 : Zuthulpuk – Tarchen (Darchen) (10 km / 4-5 hrs) – Mansarovar- Dongba (end of Kailash Parikrama) 277 km
Morning free time to explore the caves, temples and shrine around Milarepa cave. After walking 3 hours, all the driving crew will be waiting for your arrival. By late afternoon you will be at your lodge in Dongba. Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Day 15 : Drive Dongba to Nyalam (376 km) 7-8 hrs.
Drive Dongba to Nyalam (376 km) 7-8 hrs. Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Day 16 : Drive to Kathmandu
Today, we leave Nyalam behind. We pass the Bhote Koshi River and cross the Chinese - Nepalese border. After a short drive, we bid our Tibetan guide a goodbye. We then drive and walk to Nepalese Immigration Control in Kodari. Our Nepalese staff will complete the re-entry formalities and we drive to Kathmandu. Overnight Stay at Hotel.
Day 17 : Leisure day
Spend the day in Kathmandu, to rest or to explore, as per your inclination. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 18 : Farewell
Approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight, a representative from the Nepal Hiking Team will take you to the airport.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.