A short trek designed for those travellers with very limited time frame! If you are willing to trek to Everest region of Nepal but aren’t sure due to the time constraints, then Short Everest trek is the one for you! Walk along the trail that takes you to the popular trading centre in Everest region – Namche Bazaar to explore people and their lifestyle in the mountainous region of Nepal. Namche Bazaar is not only a trading centre in Everest region but also an only gateway to Everest. Your hike up to the Everest View Hotel will reward you with the close of views of the mountains in the Everest region like Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt Thamerku, and Mt. Ama Dablam and may other peaks in the Everest region of Nepal. Imagine yourself experiencing the wilderness in mountains with a sip of tea or coffee.
Short Everest trek starts with a stimulating flight to Lukla. Flying above the lush landscape with the views of mountain panorama parallel to you is a wonderful experience. Landing on a narrow runway in a dramatic terrain is a terrifying yet adventurous! As you arrive in Lukla, you descend down to Dudhkodhi River and ascend along well paved path to Phakding. Moving ahead along rhododendron forests, we cross suspension bridges over Dudhkodhi River and enter the Sagarmatha National Park. We pass the villages like Monjo and Jorsale to reach Namche. Visit to Syangboche airport, Kunde hospital and a museum with photo gallery on the way to back from Namche is a major highlight of this trek.
Short Everest Trek is amongst the easiest treks to the Everest Region Trek of Nepal. Anyone will low physical endurance capacity can also opt out for this trek. There is also very low risk of suffering from altitude sickness. It is an easy journey full of fun, adventure and natural glory.
- Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
- Day 2: Kathmandu to Lukla Flight and Phakding
- Day 3: Phakding to Namche Bazaar
- Day 4: Namche Bazaar - Day Hike (Everest View Hotel and Khumjung/Khunde)
- Day 5: Namche to Lukla (2800m) 7-8 hrs
- Day 6: Lukla to Kathmandu
- Day 7: Farewell
- All ground transports in private vehicle including airport transfers
- Two nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Full board meals with tea/coffee (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek; we provide private bathrooms with hot shower at Phakding, Namche and Lukla
- Seasonal fruits during the trek
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff
- Round trip flight Kathmandu – Lukla and Lukla – Kathmandu including departure taxes
- Duffle bag for the trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
- Nepal Hiking Team T – shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- Sagarmatha National Park Permits fee
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Meals not specified in the ‘Meal Inclusions’ in the itinerary’
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- Cold drinks Inc. coke, water, Fanta etc.
- Snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek except Phakding, Namche and Lukla
- Personal trekking equipment
- WiFi internet during the trek
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers
Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Arrive in Kathmandu at any time. Our airport representative will welcome you and give you further details of the program. There are no planned activities for your arrival day, so check into the hotel, get your bearings and enjoy your overnight at hotel.
Day 2: Kathmandu to Lukla Flight and Phakding
Altitude: 2,800m/9184ft (Lukla) and 2,652m/8,698ft (Phakding)
Flight time: 35 min
Walking Distance: 8 km (3 hrs)
Meet with guide at the hotel in the morning at 5:00am then drive to airport for Lukla flight. The flight to Lukla is a lifetime experience in itself. The airfield is at high evaluation and the difference between the two ends of the runway is about an exceptional 60 meters only. From Lukla, we trek to Phakding with an arresting, green landscape with the view of Kusum Kangraru. Overnight at guesthouse, full board meals included.
Day 3: Phakding to Namche Bazaar
Walking Distance: 10-12km (7 hrs)
We follow the Dudh Koshi, ascending through Himalayan pine and cedar forests, to the celebrated village of Namche Bazaar. The village of Namche is a historic trading post where Nepalese and Tibetan traders exchange salt, dried meat and textiles. On the hike we capture our first glimpses of Everest and neighboring peaks. Overnight at guesthouse, full board meals included.
Day 4: Namche Bazaar - Day Hike (Everest View Hotel and Khumjung/Khunde)
We leave early for the hike up to the Everest View Hotel about an hour’s hike above Namche for a fantastic panorama of the Himalayas and a great view of Everest, Lhotse and Ama Dablam. After enjoying the view and relaxing we continue to the traditional Sherpa villages of Khumjung/Khunde. On the way back, we visit Sherpa Culture Museum and Everest Photo Gallery. Overnight at guesthouse, full board meals included.
Day 5: Namche to Lukla (2800m) 7-8 hrs
The trek continues along the Dudh Kosi River to the small mountain airstrip at Lukla, where you will catch your return flight to Kathmandu. Overnight at guesthouse, full board meals included.
Day 6: Lukla to Kathmandu
Fly back to Kathmandu then you will be transferred to your center hotel in Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 7: Farewell
The airport representative from Nepal Hiking Team will transfer you to Kathmandu International Airport around 3 hours before your scheduled flight. You will depart from Nepal with the most memorable experience.
We took short Everest trek package because we had a little time in Nepal. The time limit caused us to make the trip a bit short, but the customization of the itinerary by the staffs at the agency really helped me to fulfill my dream of trekking to Everest into a reality. I really recommend Nepal Hiking team because they were extremely and profoundly effective in their deals and the total price of the package was also arranged by them, which was super convenient for us! The trek itself was amazing, and simply wonderful.
I loved the sceneries, and the wonderful natural surroundings that the place has. I loved visiting the religious gumbas, and the dainty colorful prayer flags at every tree btanch and the soires of the monasteries were such a lovely sight. The topography of the whole place was so different; I had never experienced anything quite like that anywhere else. The people and their lifestyles were all also so different; it was quite frankly, humbling to see. The accommodations that we stayed at, the little guesthouses and lodges up in the snow of the mountains were brilliant. I loved my experiences of waking up early in the morning, and then having my breakfast on the terraces of the tea houses overlooking the beautiful and serene Himalayan rages, it was heaven! Nepal Hiking Team took care of everything, and as a result, I ended up having a marvelous time, and I really would say to everyone that you better go with Nepal Hiking Team because they really deliver on their services!
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.