An easily accessible peak that lies close to Kathmandu, in the Langtang region of Nepal, is a perfect climbing destination for any amateur climbers and beginners. Naya Kanga Peak Climbing is easy but technically difficult for climbing purpose however it does not require any kind of prior experience. An alluring peak of Naya Kanga that rises to the west of Ganja La at an elevation of 5122 metres offers some fascinating views of mountains in Nepal and Tibet namely Pemthang RI, Lantang Lirung, Langshisa RI, Langtang II, Ganesh Himal, Pemthang Kapro RI, Shisapangma and many more.
As we view the peak from a hill above Kyangjin gompa that lies on our way to Langtang valley, it looks fascinating. As the peak rises to the west of Ganja La, it is also popular amongst people as Ganja La Peak. The peak ascends through the northeast ridge along icy and snowy slopes. The alpine vegetation like birch, fir and rhododendron forests found in the region preserves some interesting animals like musk deer, rhesus monkeys, Himalayan black beer, red panda and many more. Naya Kanga Peak Climbing is also an opportunity to get acquainted with the local culture and tradition practiced in the Langtang region of Nepal. The warm greeting from local people with Tibetan Buddhist influence found in the monasteries of Kyangjin gompa is a wonderful experience.
Get ready for this adventurous journey to Langtang region of Nepal. The journey with Nepal Hiking Team will be full of thrill and excitement! We guarantee!
- Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
- Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour
- Day 03: Drive to Syabru Bensi (1462m/4795ft) by jeep, 7 hrs
- Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m/8200ft) Duration: 5 hrs
- Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village (3307m/10845ft) Duration: 5 hrs
- Day 06: Langtang village to Kyanjing Ri (4773m/15655ft) and back to Kyanjing Gompa (3798m/12495ft) Duration: 7-8 hrs
- Day 07: Kyangjuma Gompa Exploration and climb Chorkari Ri (5050m/16564ft) Duration: 7 hrs
- Day 08: Trek to Naya Kanga Base Camp (4,600m/1588ft) Duration: 5 – 6 hrs
- Day 09: Trek to High Camp (5000m/16400ft) Duration: 4 hrs
- Day 10: Summit Naya Kanga (5,846m/19175ft) and to base camp 7 hrs
- Day 11: Reserve day for contingency
- Day 12: Trek back to Kyanjin Gompa.
- Day 13: Kyanjin Gompa- Lama Hotel (2500m/8200ft) Duration: 5-6 hrs
- Day 14: Lama Hotel to Syabru Bensi (1462m/4795ft) Duration: 5-6 hrs
- Day 15: Syabru Bensi to Kathmandu
- Day 16: Farewell
- Airport/hotel transfers by private vehicle
- Three nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and climb
- Naya Kanga climbing permit fee
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek and tented accommodation during the climbing
- Seasonal fruits during the trek
- Government licensed holder English speaking guide during the trek and climb, require porter (1 porter between two clients) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance
- All surface transfer to/from KTM by public bus
- Duffle bag for the trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
- Nepal Hiking Team T - shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- Boiled water will be provided during the climb
- Langtang national park permit
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System (Please bring 3 passport size photos for permit)
- General climbing equipment such as rope, ice screw, snow bar etc.
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Meals not specified in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary'
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All kind of drinks (hot and cold) during the trek
- Hot showers during the trek
- Personal trekking and climbing equipments
- Tips for trekking staff, climbing guide and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Arrive in Kathmandu at any time. Our airport representative will welcome you and explain the program further. There are no planned activities for the day, so check into the hotel. Enjoy your overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour
Sightseeing of world heritage sites in Kathmandu valley including, Kathmandu Darbar square, Swayambhunath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa & Pasupatinath Temple. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 03: Drive to Syabru Bensi (1462m/4795ft) by jeep, 7 hrs
Drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Bensi which takes about seven hours by bus. You head north out of Kathmandu driving through scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas to Syabru Besi passing through Dhunche. While passing along the road at the bank of Trisuli River you catch a glimpse of Ganesh Himal, terraces and green hills. As you pass through Dhunche you feel as if you are heading towards deep land. At the same time, you notice that the road is still under construction. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m/8200ft) Duration: 5 hrs
Today, the first part of the trail crosses through Bhote Koshi and follows the Langtang Khola. This trail is gradually climbs to Bamboo passing through the Landslide area. Afterwards, your trek ascends gently to Ramche (2400meters) through Bamboo (1960meters) which lies at the bank of Langtang Khola. You can have lunch at this place if you like. And at the end your trail is level to the Lama Hotel. En route you could see red pandas, monkeys and bears if you’re lucky. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village (3307m/10845ft) Duration: 5 hrs
The trek route follows Gumanechok, Ghoda Tabela literally it means the Horse Stable. After this the trail is slightly gradual and beautiful in the valley with the grazing Yaks. Langtang village is one of the very local and old villages along this trekking route and the view from here is more spectacular. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 06: Langtang village to Kyanjing Ri (4773m/15655ft) and back to Kyanjing Gompa (3798m/12495ft) Duration: 7-8 hrs
The trail climbs gradually to Sindum and to Yamphu (3640m). Crossing the Laja Khola then climbs a moraine to a viewpoint where you can see Kyanjing Gompa and the dramatic icefall flowing from Langtang Lirung. After Kyanjing Gompa, hiking to Kyankin Ri (4773m) and trek back to Kyanjing Gompa. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 07: Kyangjuma Gompa Exploration and climb Chorkari Ri (5050m/16564ft) Duration: 7 hrs
Today is a day to rest and explore the area. You can visit the monastery and the cheese factory, walk up the moraine to see the spectacular ice faces and ascend at Chorkari Ri (5050 meters) which is highest point of this trek, directly behind the village, for a breath-taking panorama of the Langtang peak. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included
Day 08: Trek to Naya Kanga Base Camp (4,600m/1588ft) Duration: 5 – 6 hrs
Today, after good acclimatization and fitness we ready to climb Naya Kanga base camp. After a breakfast at Kyanjin we pack up our all gears and start to walk through crossing the river and climb up to hill. Base camp just southern part from Kyanjing. Overnight at tented camp. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 09: Trek to High Camp (5000m/16400ft) Duration: 4 hrs
Today, we getting higher and start trek up to high camp. It is walking through the rocky path with lot of bolders and reaches glacier part where we set up our camp. We practice around the glacier for next day climb and Guide will teach you some methods/technique of climb and brief you details and overnight at camp. Overnight at tented camp. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 10: Summit Naya Kanga (5,846m/19175ft) and to base camp 7 hrs
As instruction by your guide yesterday if the weather is perfect then early about 4 am we wake up and have a breakfast then ready to leave for achieve your dream on the top of summit. Guide will fix the ropes need to belay ropes to help on your guide. After a good teamwork we get to the top of Naya Kanga where from can be enjoy the best panoramic Himalayan view including Tibet part and after a great shoot back to base camp. Overnight at tented camp. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 11: Reserve day for contingency
We cannot guarantee if the weather remains favorable on our planned day for the summit (day 11). So, this day is used just in case if we will be unable to climb the summit the on day 11 due to bad weather or other reasons. We should wisely postpone our program of scaling the peak if the weather gets unfavorable.
Sometimes you or your group members may get some problems in acclimatizing. This day may be used in case. If the trip goes smoothly, we do not need this spare day. Overnight in the tent/guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 12: Trek back to Kyanjin Gompa.
Trek back to Kyanjin Gompa. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included
Day 13: Kyanjin Gompa- Lama Hotel (2500m/8200ft) Duration: 5-6 hrs
Today we come back all the way downhill to Lama Hotel. We will see fantastic views of towering mountain what you have missed on the way up. Take more time and you are suggested to walk very slow. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 14: Lama Hotel to Syabru Bensi (1462m/4795ft) Duration: 5-6 hrs
Easy trek down to Syabru Bensi passing through several village behind. Overnight at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 15: Syabru Bensi to Kathmandu
Scenic drive back to Kathmandu by public bus/jeep, 6 hrs. Overnight at hotel, breakfast and lunch included.
Day 16: Farewell
Approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight a representative from Nepal Hiking Team will take you to the airport.
No reviews available for this package.