Are you a photographer looking for a short photo tour far from your home country? Pack your bags and take an insightful tour of the historical land of Kathmandu valley.
Regarded as the “Land of Gods,” Kathmandu is a melting pot of cultures, lifestyles, religions, and communities. Kathmandu valley comprises three districts which were historically all different empires. You can find different shades of history and culture in almost every corner of the streets.
Kathmandu Photography Tour combines some of the best photogenic locations around the valley. In this tour, you’ll be exploring seven cultural monuments enlisted in the UNESCO Heritage Sites. Along with that, this tour takes you to a popular hill station of Nagarkot and two of the most traditional Newari towns — Khokana and Bungmati. You’ll be walking around some ancient temples, stupas, royal palaces, and rustic villages.
Highlights of Kathmandu Photography Tour
- Visit the 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Nepal
- Dive deeper into the hub of ancient arts, language, and vivid culture of the capital Kathmandu and its neighboring towns
- Enjoy the marvelous sunrise and mountain panorama from Nagarkot
- Explore the ancient Newari town of Khokana and Bungmati
- Understand the culture, tradition, and way of life of the local people
- Photograph some of the world’s most spectacular destinations
- Learn the foundation of photography and develop your unique style
Although we’ll have group discussions and presentations, it is not a typical photography workshop. Rather, it is a visual journey where you get to understand the foundation for photography and develop your own style, all while learning about the city.
Note: While photographing people in the street, it is better to take permission beforehand. Although most people in Nepal do not mind being photographed, it adds the right gesture and a sense of professionalism.