A powerful package Kakani Nagarkot Hiking includes all the interesting places near Kathmandu to relish the glory of Himalayan panorama! Walk up to all the popular vantage points near Kathmandu like Kakani, Chisapani, Nagarkot and Dhulikhel to experience the sheer glory of nature. Apart from mountains, get an opportunity to walk through Shivapuri national park. Walking along a lush and pristine forests admiring the greenery and peaceful in nature can be a stimulating experience. You may encounter some wild animals preserved inside the park during your hiking journey. The watershed at the entry point of national park is also a mind blowing site to visit. The monastery in between the route of Shivapuri and Chisapani will add a cultural flavour to the natural exploration.
Kakani Nagarkot Hiking can be a best journey for birds watching, photography, natural exploration and interaction with locals in the villages on the way. As we walk in the backdrop of spectacular mountains, we will never get enough of natural glory. The top of the Shivapuri hill is the highest point of our trekking journey where we can get view of more than sixty mountains. Kakani, Nagarkot, Dhulikhel, all being a beautiful hill station near Kathmandu, this package is all about lush nature, green hills, valleys, waterfalls, forests and mountain views. Join Nepal Hiking Team to exploit all the wonders of these popular hill stations all at once.
- Day 01 : Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
- Day 02 : Kathmandu to Kakani (2066m) 1.5 hrs drive and walk around
- Day 03 : Kakani to Shivapuri (2729m) Duration: 4-5 hrs
- Day 04 : Shivapuri to Chisapani (2194m) Duration: 5 hrs
- Day 05 : Chisapani to Nagarkot (2195m) Duration: 5 hrs
- Day 06 : Nagarkot to Dhulikhel (1440m) Duration: 6 hrs
- Day 07 : Dhulikhel to Panauti (1400m) and then to Kathmandu
- Day 08 : Farewell
- All ground transportations by private vehicle including airport transfers
- Two nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu, we provide deluxe room from Kathmandu Eco Hotel
- Highly experience, helpful and friend guide, porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter) including their lodging, footing, salary etc.
- A night accommodation with full board meals at best available guesthouse in Kakani village
- A night accommodation with full board meals at best available guesthouse in Shivapuri
- A night accommodation with full board meals at best available guesthouse in Chisapani
- A night accommodation with full board meals at hotel view point Nagarkot, we provide a deluxe room
- A night accommodation with full board meals at Dhulikhel Lodge Resort, we provide a deluxe room
- All necessary permits and entry fees during the trek
- All government taxes and office service charges
- Meals not specified in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary'
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in
- Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- Tips for tour guide, trekking guide, porter and driver
Day 01 : Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
You will be picked up by our airport representative and transferred to a hotel for check in. You will then be explained about the program further. There are no planned activities for the day. Enjoy your stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Kathmandu to Kakani (2066m) 1.5 hrs drive and walk around
After your breakfast in Kathmandu, we drive to Kakani – the starting point of our trek. We walk through the forest and along the ridge with spectacular views of Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang and Jugal Himal in front of us. Overnight at Guesthouse, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
Day 03 : Kakani to Shivapuri (2729m) Duration: 4-5 hrs
After breakfast, we start our trek to Shivapuri (2729m), the highest point of our trek. The panoramic view of the mountains like Mt. Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, and Langtang Range, Mt. Dorje Lakpa Mt. Shishapangma, Mt. Gaurishankar and many more from the top of Shivapuri is simply awe inspiring. Overnight at Guesthouse, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
Day 04 : Shivapuri to Chisapani (2194m) Duration: 5 hrs
We wake up early in the morning to see the sun rise over the snowcapped mountains. After the breakfast, we start our trek to Chisapani (2194m). We walk for about four hours to Chisapani. The views of mountains from this point are spectacular. Overnight at Guesthouse, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
Day 05 : Chisapani to Nagarkot (2195m) Duration: 5 hrs
Today we start our trek to Nagarkot (2175m). Nagarkot is very well known for its fantastic mountain views. It is so close from Kathmandu- just an hours’ drive from the city yet it is far from the hustle and bustle of urban life.
The sunrise and sunset view from this point is fabulous. With fresh air and peaceful atmosphere, Nagarkot is a place to relax your mind and body. It is an opportunity to escape the hectic hours of life to experience the beauty of nature, the beauty of Nepal. Overnight at Hotel, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
Day 06 : Nagarkot to Dhulikhel (1440m) Duration: 6 hrs
We wake up early for the sun rise view. After the glorious sunrise, we have our breakfast and get ready for a drive to Dhulikhel. About an hours’ drive to the east of Kathmandu, an impressive vista of the snowy central Himalayas is visible in the backdrop of the gentle hills. Dhulikhel offers some of the splendid views of towering mountains. It can also be an opportunity to get some insights about local, their lifestyle and old Newari culture. Overnight at Hotel, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
Day 07 : Dhulikhel to Panauti (1400m) and then to Kathmandu
Today we leave Dhulikhel behind and walk to Panauti. Panauti is a Newari village wedged between the Punyamata and Roshi streams that forms the shape of a triangle with a serpent idol standing at each of its three corners to protect the village from floods. The three-tiered Indreshwor Mahadev adds to the glory of this place. It is believed that the structure was raised there in 1294 AD, making it the oldest surviving Nepal. This shrine area at the sacred confluence is called the Khware. Panauti village exploration is also be an opportunity to come across the lovely temples and interesting old houses. The fourteenth century wooden temple struts are just amazing. After exploring the Panauti village to its fullest, we drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel, breakfast and Lunch included.
Day 08 : Farewell
Approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight a representative from Nepal Hiking Team will take you to the airport. If you have more time you can do some shopping or sightseeing.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.