All Inclusive Price:
Trip Code: NHT1448
Trip Grade: Moderate To Strenuous
Max Elevation: 5600 Meters
Total Duration: 13 days
Best Time: April - June & Sept - Nov
Group Size: 04 - 20 People
- Experience the art, culture and history of Nepal in the UNESCO listed world heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Admire the stunning landscapes and best mountain views. Explore Buddhist history and Tibetan cultures
- Visit Monasteries. Behold the beauty of Mansarovar Lake and Kailash Parikrama
- Drive to Tibetan plateau through Eastern Himalayas
A trip to Kailash Manasarovar is an intense spiritual experience. The Mount Kailash along with the holy Manasarovar Lake is deeply integral to the heart of spiritual Asia. The journey that starts with the buzzing city of Kathmandu heads on a spiritual path to Mount Kailash and Manasarovar Lake. The beauty of the mountains and the lakes embedded in the heart of mountains is totally mind blowing.
Itinerary Expand All
Day 01 - Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Arrive in Kathmandu at any time. Our airport representative will welcome you and explain the program further. There are no planned activities for the day, so check into the hotel. Enjoy your overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 - Tours preparation and Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour
Touring the World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu Valley that includes: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa and Pasupatinath Temple. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 03 - Drive Kathmandu to Nyalam 3750 m (150 km)
After early breakfast we drive through Bhaktapur, Dhulikhel and reach Friendship Bridge (i.e. Nepal-China border). From here we walk for about 10 minutes to cross Friendship Bridge and meet our Tibetan guide and land cruiser drivers. After all the immigration and custom formalities at the Chinese check post here, our journey continues for another 35 km which can take almost 3 hours through the up-winding road to Nyalam with beautiful scenery. Then, you will be transferred to the guest house in Nyalam (3700m). The facilities of the guesthouse are very simple and basic. Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Day 04 - Nyalam –free for acclimatization
Today is free for acclimatization. We will be going for short trek which is in preparation for Kailash Parikrama and it helps us to acclimatize fast. . Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Day 05 - Nyalam – New Dongba 4600 m. (390 km)
After breakfast drive to Paryang. Passing through many villages and camps of yak herders. Far south you can see snow-capped mountain peaks. Most of the time you will be driving on plains, hence a comfortable drive. Arrive in Paryang and enjoy hot tea. Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Day 06 - New Dongba – Mansarovar 4558 m (277 km) Duration: 7-8 hrs
Early breakfast and get ready for longest driving day. Late afternoon you can have first view of Holy Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarovar. Hore – a small village is situated near Holy Mansarovar Lake. Holy Mansarovar (14950ft./4558m) – the highest lake of fresh water with turquoise complexion in the world is full of fishes and swans. Holy Mt. Kailash, Mt. Gurula-Mandala, Lake Rakshash are lying on its surrounding. The region is considered rich for gold and other mines, hot springs and hundreds of wild living creatures. Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Day 07 - Mansarovar – Tarchen (40 km) Duration: 2-3 hrs
Holy Mansarovar is the lake of compassion, tranquility and bliss. After completing the memorable morning bath and puja we will be heading for Holy Mansarovar Parikrama by land cruiser with packed lunch and continue drive towards Tarchen (Darchen). If time permits, we visit Chui Gompa. Tarchen is considered as a base camp for Holy Kailash Parikrama. During the auspicious pilgrimage time, this place will be flooded with pilgrims with hundreds of tents all around. Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Day 08 - Tarchen – Tarboche (13 km drive) – Dirapuk (4860m.) (7 km trek / 5 – 6 hrs)
After breakfast drive to Tarboche – starting point of Kailash Parikrama. Tarboche is also known as outer “Asthapath”. It is one of the exciting days walking along the beautiful rocky cliffs; waterfalls with some clouds in the clear blue sky make you feeling that Great God Shiva is everywhere with tons of blessing to you. Time to time the face of Kailash Parbat will be kept on appearing. For 7 km trail it takes almost 7 hrs. Overnight stay at Government Guesthouse.
Day 09 - Dirapuk – Zuthulpuk (4760m) (18 km trek / 9-10 km) (passing through Dolma-la pass 5,200)
Today you will be climbing to Drolma-la (Dolma-La 18600ft) and then descending gradually to Zuthulpuk (4760m). Yamasthal should be crossed to reach the Shiva-sthal while your steps go closer to the pass. Overnight Stay at Government Guesthouse.
Day 10 - Zuthulpuk – Tarchen (Darchen) (10 km / 4-5 hrs) – Mansarovar- Dongba (end of Kailash Parikrama)
Morning free time to explore the caves, temples and shrine around Milarepa cave. After walking 3 hours, all the driving crew will be waiting for your arrival. By late afternoon you will be at your lodge in Dongba. Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Day 11 - Drive Dongba to Nyalam (376 km) 7-8 hrs. Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Drive Dongba to Nyalam (376 km) 7-8 hrs. Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
Day 12 - Drive to Kathmandu
Today, we leave Nyalam behind. We pass the Bhote Koshi River and cross the Chinese – Nepalese border. After a short drive, we bid our Tibetan guide a goodbye. We then drive and walk to Nepalese Immigration Control in Kodari. Our Nepalese staff will complete the re-entry formalities and we drive to Kathmandu. Overnight Stay at Hotel.
Day 13 - Farewell
Approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight, a representative from the Nepal Hiking Team will take you to the airport.
- All ground transports in private vehicle including airport transfers
- Three nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu city tours including all entry fees, tour guide and private vehicle
- Best available twin sharing Lodge/Guesthouses during the Tibet tours
- Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB) approved guide for Tibet tours
- Yaks and Yak-men to carry baggage while Kailash Parikrama
- Tibet entry travel permit, Chinese visa and applicable entry fees during the trek/tours in Nepal/Tibet
- Oxygen cylinder for Kailash Parikrama
- All government taxes and official expense
- Meals not specified in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary'
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa
- All cold drinks such as: alcoholic beverages, mineral water, Coke, Fanta, juice, etc.
- Shopping, laundry, internet, phone bills
- Personal trekking equipments
- Extra cost of transportation, Porterage etc involved due landslides, snowfall
- Services other than specified. Extra days stay at Kathmandu / any other place
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
All Inclusive Price: