Spend some quality time away from your hometown to one of the most pleasing destinations in Langtang region of Nepal. Helambu Trek is all about exploring the natural splendour and well preserved culture in an undisturbed and unadulterated environment of Langtang. Being the less travelled trail, Helambu has been able to maintain its cultural uniqueness intact. The jovial nature of people with their unique tradition and lifestyle is the major attraction of this trek. Enjoy Helambu Trek as you pass along the thick forests with outstanding mountain views exploring the ethnic villages on the way.
Helambu Trek is an opportunity to experience mountains, rivers, waterfalls, glaciers, forests, meadows all at once. Owning to its accessibility near Kathmandu, Helambu Trek can be a best option for those who would love to taste both natural and cultural combination of Nepal in an easy way in a short span of time. As the trek comprises Langtang National Park, the trek is a wonderful chance to encounter some rare birds and animals. The red Panda which is a unique feature of any Langtang region trek can be your reward if lucky.
So, get set for an adventurous and joyful trek to the Helambu village in Langtang region. You will be blessed with the mountain views along with the views of azure lakes in the Gosaikunda region of Nepal. The cultural magnificence and the artistic craftworks by the ethnic settlements residing in the Helambu is a wonder that will leave you in awe. Last but not the least, the hostility of the Tamang people in the region is remarkable that will make you feel homely and lively.
- Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
- Day 2: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour
- Day 3: Drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani (2300m/7545ft) Duration: 4 hours
- Day 4: Chisapani to Kutumsang (2446m/8022ft) Duration: 5 hours
- Day 5: Kutumsang to Tharipati (3650m/11972ft) Duration: 5 hours
- Day 6: Tharipati to Tarkeghyang (2743m/8997ft) Duration: 5 hours
- Day 7: Tarkeghyang to Shermathang (2621m/8596ft) Duration: 4 hours
- Day 8: Shermathang- Melamchi Pul Bazaar –Kathmandu, 3-4 hrs hike and 2 hrs drive
- Day 9: Farewell
- All ground transportation by private vehicle including airport transfers
- Three nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu city tours including all entry fees, tour guide and private vehicle
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek
- Seasonal fruits during the trek
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff
- Duffle bag for the trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
- Nepal Hiking Team T – shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- Langtang National Park Permits fee
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Meals not specified in the ‘Meal Inclusions’ in the itinerary’
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- Drinks (hot and cold), snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers
Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Arrive in Kathmandu at any time. Our airport representative will welcome you and explain the program further. There are no planned activities for the day, so check into the hotel. Enjoy your overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour
Sightseeing of world heritage sites in Kathmandu valley including, Kathmandu Darbar square, Swayambhunath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa & Pasupatinath Temple. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 3: Drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani (2300m/7545ft) Duration: 4 hours
After breakfast, about 8:00 o’clock we drive to Sundarijal (1350m.) by private vehicle about one hour and trek to Chisapani (2300m.) which takes about four hours. The unpaved road from Kathmandu turns into a trail near a small hydroelectric plant. The trail will enter through the Shivapuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve. The first settlement we will come across is Mulkharka with Tamang habitants. The route heads down the ridge through a forest of oaks and rhododendron to Chisapani. Overnight at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 4: Chisapani to Kutumsang (2446m/8022ft) Duration: 5 hours
After breakfast trek to Kutumsang which takes about seven hours. The trail continues to drop from Chisapani on a good, sometimes level, trail that crosses meadow and fields. You will then descend through Pathi Bhanjyang till Gul Bhanjyang. The trail climbs the ridge from Gul Bhanjyang to another pass at 2620m. The meadow makes a good camping spot, its downhill to Kutumsang at 2470m, in a saddle atop the ridge. Overnight at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 5: Kutumsang to Tharipati (3650m/11972ft) Duration: 5 hours
After breakfast trek to Tharipati which takes about five hours. The trek continues north up the Yurin Danda ridge and affords views of the peaks. The trail climbs above Kutumsang on a steep, eroded trail mostly through fir and rhododendron forest where there are no permanent settlements. Now you will be in Tharipati. Overnight at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 6: Tharipati to Tarkeghyang (2743m/8997ft) Duration: 5 hours
After breakfast trek to Tarkeghyang and it takes about six hours. The early part of the trek descends until you cross the stream named as Melamchi. Now you trek gently up to Tarkeghyang passing through Sherpa settlements. Tarkeghyang is a beautiful Sherpa village with one of the oldest and biggest monasteries. Tarkeghyang, also known as Helambu is named after the Helmu caste. Overnight at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 7: Tarkeghyang to Shermathang (2621m/8596ft) Duration: 4 hours
After breakfast trek to Shermathang which takes about four hours. This day the trail is quite easier through flat land with beautiful forests on the way. You trek on crossing some small streams on the way. There is situated a beautiful village on the half way to Shermathang. To add your joy, Shermathang is another pretty Sherpa village where you can visit many ancient monasteries. Overnight at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 8: Shermathang- Melamchi Pul Bazaar –Kathmandu, 3-4 hrs hike and 2 hrs drive
Short walk down to Melamchi Pul Bazaar with many Sherpa village and catch transport to Katmandu. Congratulations on the completion of your trek. Overnight at hotel, breakfast and lunch included.
Day 9: Farewell
Approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight, a representative from the Nepal Hiking Team will take you to the airport.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.