Ganesh Himal Trek covers the route that lies just west to the Langtang National Park but your journey will be nothing less than any other treks to Langtang region of Nepal. The terraced hills, lush forests, diverse topography and Tamang culture are the essences that makes Ganesh Himal Trek a worthy one. As you walk along your trail, you will experience diverse vegetation in just a single day that ranges from sub-tropical vegetation region to alpine vegetation region. The vibrant settlements of Tamang people will help you get some insights on people, their unique culture and tradition. Ganesh Himal Trek is a true pleasure of walking in the less travailed trails to a heavenly paradise that lies somewhere in between lush hills and forests in the backdrop of beautiful Himalayan ranges.
The name “Ganesh” comes from a Hindu deity – Lord Ganesh whose head is similar to that of a wild elephant. The peak of Ganesh Himal resembles to that of an elephant therefore popular as Ganesh Himal. Ganesh Himal Trek is an exciting trek that lets you experience the beauty of vibrant villages, picturesque mountains, glacier and spectacular landscape. The surrounding beauty of Ganesh Himal is an enchanting memory that you’ll behold, throughout your journey. Since the vegetation varies from sub-tropical to alpine during the journey, the trekking route is a home to diversity of flora and faunas. Owing to its diverse vegetation and landscape, Ganesh Himal region possesses around 526 species of plants and 300 species of birds and animals that includes Himalayan Thar, Gaur, Musk deers, monkeys and many other birds. The region is rich in orchids. Ganesh Himal region has around 40 different species of orchids. The company of rhododendron trees, lakes and waterfalls along your way will make your journey more vibrant and lively.
So, get ready to relish this journey that commences after the sightseeing tour in Kathmandu. We drive to Betrawati from where we initiate our trek. We pass forests, villages, lakes and waterfalls to acknowledge the beauty that Ganesh Himal and other mountains like Langtang Lirung, Buddha Himal, Hiunchuli Dorje Lakpa and other mountains of western and central Nepal. Cross Singa-la pass and enjoy the beauty that lies in black and white lakes. Get mesmerized as you see the stunning waterfall – Ganga and Jamuna!
- Day 01 : Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
- Day 02 : Preparation for trek and Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour
- Day 03 : Kathmandu to Betrawati. (850m) Duration: 5 hrs
- Day 04 : Betrawati to Kispang (1600m) Duration: 5 hrs
- Day 05 : Kispang to Thulo Chaur (2200m) Duration: 5 hrs
- Day 06 : Thulo Chaur to Gonga (2900m) Duration: 4 hrs
- Day 07 : Gonga to Rupchet (3635m) Duration: 4 hrs
- Day 08 : Rupchet to Kharka (2500m) via the Shing La Pass (4100m) Duration: 7 hrs
- Day 09 : Karka to Borang (1800m) Duration: 7 hrs
- Day 10 : Borang to Jharlang (1700m) Duration: 6 hrs
- Day 11 : Jharlang to Kintang Phedi (1200m) Duration: 6 hrs
- Day 12 : Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Day 13 : Farewell
- All ground transportations by private vehicle including airport transfers
- Three nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu including tour guide, entry fees and vehicle
- Meals on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) prepared by our expert cook
- Twin sharing tented accommodation during the trek
- An experience guide, required number of porters, their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments
- Trekking equipment (two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, table with chairs, kitchen utensils, and other necessary equipments during the trek)
- Nepal Hiking Team duffle bag, down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
- Nepal Hiking Team T - Shirt (yours to keep)
- Safe drinking water, boiled/iodine tablets.
- First aid medical kit bag
- All necessary permits during the trek
- All government and local taxes
- Office service charge
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa:
- All cold drinks such as: alcoholic beverages, mineral water, Coke, Fanta, juice, etc
- Personal shopping and laundry
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking crews
Day 01 : Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Arrive in Kathmandu at any time. Our airport representative will welcome you and explain the program further. There are no planned activities for the day, so check into the hotel. Enjoy your overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Preparation for trek and Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour
Touring the World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu Valley that includes: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa and Pasupatinath Temple. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 03 : Kathmandu to Betrawati. (850m) Duration: 5 hrs
We will drive from Kathmandu to Betrawat Bazaar by local bus, passing through Trishuli Bazaar en route, which is a shopping hub for local people. Our campsite will be arranged nearby Sole Bazaar, on the bank of the Trishuli River, where we can enjoy wonderful views of farm fields, small villages, and terraced slopes set against a background of the Ganesh Himal Range. Overnight stay at tented camp.
Day 04 : Betrawati to Kispang (1600m) Duration: 5 hrs
An easy, gentle trek today through farmland and local villages until we reach Kispang, a small village inhabited by Tamang people who depend on farming for their livelihood. Overnight stay at tented camp.
Day 05 : Kispang to Thulo Chaur (2200m) Duration: 5 hrs
A gentle ascent passing through more local villages where you will see the Tamang people practicing a traditional lifestyle. We will see local schools, monasteries and some pretty waterfalls along our way today. Overnight stay at tented camp.
Day 06 : Thulo Chaur to Gonga (2900m) Duration: 4 hrs
We ascend steadily through a deep, mixed forest of rhododendron and pine, hopefully you will spot some of the wildlife as we trek. Deer, Langur monkies and wild boar amongst others, all call this place home. On reaching Gonga, get your camera out for some wonderful views of the Ganesh Himal Range. Overnight stay at tented camp.
Day 07 : Gonga to Rupchet (3635m) Duration: 4 hrs
We continue through the thick forest, gaining altitude as we go, enjoying spectacular views of the Great Himalayan Chain and the Tibetan mountain range. Overnight stay at tented camp.
Day 08 : Rupchet to Kharka (2500m) via the Shing La Pass (4100m) Duration: 7 hrs
A Steep trek up to Shing La Pass. A tiring feat but one which will be rewarded with stupendous views of Mount Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Manaslu and the surrounding Himalayas. After soaking up the alpine atmosphere on the pass, we head down, steeply ascending for 4 hours to Kharka. Overnight stay at tented camp.
Day 09 : Karka to Borang (1800m) Duration: 7 hrs
The journey today is steeply downhill through terraced farmland and some quaint villages. Borang is another typical Tamang village where you will be offered a warm welcome and have the chance to enjoy some beautiful mountain vistas. Overnight stay at tented camp.
Day 10 : Borang to Jharlang (1700m) Duration: 6 hrs
A lot of “Nepali Flat” (little bit up, little bit down!) today as we hike past the perfectly terraced fields that the local villagers farm. We reach the Tamang village of Jharlang in the afternoon where we will set up camp. Overnight stay at tented camp.
Day 11 : Jharlang to Kintang Phedi (1200m) Duration: 6 hrs
A steep descent through local villages where you will find mixed cultures co-habiting. Some pretty countryside views with a stunning mountain backdrop are to be had as we make our way to Kintang Phedi. Overnight stay at tented camp.
Day 12 : Pokhara to Kathmandu
Scenic drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus, 6 hrs. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 13 : Farewell
Approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight a representative from Nepal Hiking Team will take you to the airport.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.