Set on a thrilling journey of the Everest High Passes Trek and endure the ultimate Himalayan experience. This 22-day trek is an extension of the classic Everest Base Camp Trek. It takes you over three mountain passes above 5,000 meters — Kongma La Pass, Cho La Pass, and Renjo La Pass.
The Everest High Passes Trek offers a perfect blend of Himalayan landscapes and the local Sherpa culture. It combines remote villages, high valleys, snow-capped mountains, teahouse settlements, ancient monasteries, Himalayan passes, and icy glaciers.
Besides that, this trek takes you to three of the world’s highest viewpoints, including Kala Patthar, Gokyo Ri, and Chhukung Ri. From the summit of these viewpoints, you’ll enjoy the view of some of the world’s highest mountains, including Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, and Makalu.
The Everest High Passes Trek journey begins with an exhilarating flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. Along the way, you’ll be walking past several Himalayan settlements, including Phakding, Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, and many more. You’ll also get to stay overnight at the beautiful Gokyo Valley and stand at the shore of the pristine Gokyo Lakes. Everest High Passes Trek also offers the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to stand at the foothills of the world’s highest peak, Mount Everest.
You’ll be surrounded by mountains, remote terrains, and wilderness at every trek step. Likewise, you’ll also taste the Sherpa culture and their royal hospitality on the trek.
Highlights of Everest High Passes Trek
- Celebrate the success of reaching the Everest Base Camp, the world’s highest base camp.
- Enjoy the marvelous glimpse of the Khumbu Glacier and surrounding mountains.
- Begin your adventure with one of the most exhilarating flights to Lukla Airport.
- Trek across three of the highest mountain passes over 5,000 meters — Kongma La Passes, Cho La Passes, and Renjo La Passes.
- Hike to three of Nepal’s most famous viewpoints — Kala Patthar, Gokyo Ri, and Chhukung Ri.
- Stop by the Tengboche Monastery — Khumbu’s oldest and most significant Buddhist monastery.
- Relish the view of some of the world’s highest peaks, including Mount Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Makalu, and many more
This three-week trek is one of the most challenging treks in the Everest region. Thus, it demands a high level of physical fitness. Since you’ll be crossing three high passes over 5,000 meters, you’re susceptible to high altitude sickness or acute mountain sickness on this trek. Hence, the expert guides and field staff of the Nepal Hiking Team will cater to your needs in the best way possible. You can put all your trust and confidence in our team of experts to ensure safety.