Druk Path Trek with cultural tour is a trek designed to endure the natural and cultural richness of Bhutan all at once. It takes you through pristine mountains to admire the beauty of architecturally rich monasteries. It is a short trek that leads you from Paro to Thimpu and vice versa. As you dive into the trip, you will cross the chain of alluring mountains that divides Paro and Thimpu valley. A lake on the way with giant trout fishes is a major attraction not to be missed. The drive through a sparsely populated area exploring the lush landscape and culturally divide monasteries with a backdrop of snow-capped mountains would be an amazing experience.
Druk Path Trek with cultural tour is very popular package amongst the travel lovers. It is a perfect blend of trekking and exploration tour. It is short but challenging trek as it takes us to high altitude region in wild environment. Staying under the tented camps, cooking your own food and sleeping under the moonlight with glittering snow peaks is surely a dream that anyone would love to live with.
Join Nepal Hiking Team to endeavour the sheer natural glory and cultural richness of Bhutan. The best seasons for your travel is March – May and September – November. Enjoy the magnificence of great Himalayan ranges as you walk along the rhododendron and fir forests. Visit to the temples and dzongs that hold history of ancient era will enlighten you about the unique culture and history of Bhutan. The feeling of travelling back into the time to explore the jewels of art, crafts and architecture is simply spell bounding.
- Day 01 : Arrive Paro
- Day 02 : Acclimatization hike to Tiger’s Nest Monastery
- Day 03 : Paro-Jele Dzong (10 km, 4-5 hours, ascent 1090m.) Trek starts
- Day 04 : Jele Dzong-Jangchulakha (10 km, 4 hours, ascent 310m, descent 50m.)
- Day 05 : Jangchulakha-Jimilangtsho-Langrithang (15 km, 4-5 hours, ascent 330m, descent 310m.)
- Day 06 : Langrithang-Tsaluna-Thimphu (11 km, 4 hours, descent 800m.) Trek ends
- Day 07 : Thimphu-Paro Depart Paro
- All ground transportation by private vehicle including airport transfers
- Assistance in acquiring Bhutan visa and visa fee
- Accommodation at a 3-star category hotel in Paro and Thimpu, approved by Bhutanese Government
- Single room surcharge when travelling 2 people in a group
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and tours
- Tented accommodation during the trek,
- Govt. trained guide and necessary no. of porters with their meals, salary and insurance
- Mineral water will be supplied during the tour and boiled water during the trek
- All entry/permit fees during the tour/trekking
- All applicable government taxes and tourist service charges
- Our office expenses and service charge
- Meals not specified in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary”
- International flights
- Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Nepal entry and re-entry visa fee
- Personal shopping, internet/Phone bill, and laundry
- Pony service and porters
- Tips for tour guide and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
Day 01 : Arrive Paro
The flight to Paro crosses the Himalayan Mountains, affording spectacular views of the awesome peaks, including the sacred Jumolhari and Jichu Drake peaks in Bhutan. On arrival you will be greeted by the guide and transfer to the hotel. After lunch, visit the Kichu Lhakhang, the oldest temple in the country. From there you will proceed to the Drugyal Dzong (Bhutan Victory Fort), which was built in 1646 to commemorate Bhutan’s victory over Tibetan invaders during the 1600s. On a clear day you can see Mount Jumolhari, Bhutan’s second-highest mountain at 23,996 feet. Overnight at Hotel, Lunch and Dinner included.
Day 02 : Acclimatization hike to Tiger’s Nest Monastery
Today you will hike to Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) Monastery, which is Bhutan’s most famous monastery. It is absolutely breathtaking, situated at 10,400 feet and perched on the edge of a steep cliff about 3,000 feet above the Paro Valley. Guru Rinpoche is said to have flown on the back of a tigress from Singye Dzong in Lhuntse to meditate in a cave where Taktsang Monastery now stands. Lunch is served in the Cafeteria Restaurant, located about halfway up the mountain. After having explored the monastery, you will hike down to the valley floor. Overnight at Hotel, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
Day 03 : Paro-Jele Dzong (10 km, 4-5 hours, ascent 1090m.) Trek starts
Today is a short trekking day. The day starts with a short climb to Jele Dzong. The trek trail is rather gradual up till the camp and if the weather is clear the Paro valley can be seen with snow-capped mountains behind. Above the camp is Jele La Dzong (3,400m) and Jele Dzong is mostly in ruins and there is a Lhakhang with the statute of Buddha Sakyamuni. Overnight at Tented Camp, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
Day 04 : Jele Dzong-Jangchulakha (10 km, 4 hours, ascent 310m, descent 50m.)
Begin with an hour and half climb and then ascend gradually up. The trail takes you through thick alpine forests and rhododendrons and arrives at the Jangchulakha. After walking for some time, you will arrive at the campsite, which offers scenic views beneath. You can also see yak herders around your campsite (3600m). Overnight at Tented Camp, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
Day 05 : Jangchulakha-Jimilangtsho-Langrithang (15 km, 4-5 hours, ascent 330m, descent 310m.)
After a short climb trail follows a ridge, which on a clear day you can have sensational views of Mont Jumolhari and other Himalayan ranges. After a short descent, you will arrive at Jimilangtsho Lake (3700m) where you will be served your lunch. Then the trail descends further down to Langrithang through fir forests. Overnight camp at 3500m. Overnight at Tented Camp, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
Day 06 : Langrithang-Tsaluna-Thimphu (11 km, 4 hours, descent 800m.) Trek ends
The trail takes you through forests of fir and rhododendrons following the stream and arrives at Tsaluna Monastery (sacred site of Guru Rinpoche from 8th century). Further down, you will reach Tsaluna Village, were you can see beautiful farms. After few hours of leisurely walk, you can ride the car to Thimphu. In the evening, you can stroll through Thimphu town and absorb the lifestyle of the people. Overnight hotel in Thimphu. Overnight at Hotel, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
Day 07 : Thimphu-Paro Depart Paro
Drive to airport for departure. Our representative will bid you farewell
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.