All Inclusive Price:
Trip Code: NHT152
Trip Grade: Moderate
Max Elevation: 4250 Meters
Total Duration: 14 days
Best Time: March to May & Sept - Dec
Group Size: Min. 5 Person
Bhairav Kunda Trek takes you to the holy and pristine lake placed in the Langtang region of Nepal. The name “Bhairav” refers to the destructive form of Lord Shiva who is always angry and ready for destruction. It is said that tantric and jhakris (the people who use spells and magic) used to visit this place to communicate with the spirits. This auspicious place has its own importance amongst the Hindu pilgrims therefore, we can find many Hindu pilgrims visiting this place during the full moon day in the month of August. Apart from its religious importance, the lake is known for its spectacular location. The top of the lake offers some outstanding views of Rolwaling range, Dorje Lakpa and many other mountains that lies in Tibetan border.
Being a newly opened trail, the route has preserved its uniqueness intact. The dense rhododendron forests, lush valleys, pristine air, serene lake and on the top of it the beautiful mountains, nothing could have ever been this perfect. On the top of this, the ethnic settlements that have preserved its original culture, tradition an lifestyle! Bhairav Kunda Trek is an opportunity to get acquainted with the locals, their culture and tradition.
Bhairav Kunda Trek starts with a sightseeing tour in Kathmandu. After admiring the rich art and culture of Kathmandu, you will be driven to the Jalbire from where you will start your actual trekking journey. You walk along an easy path through few ups and downs and pass various ethnic villages and rhododendron forests. You ascend up to the forest camp and admire the views of serene Bhairav Kunda Lake along with other mountains in Langtang region and Tibetan border area. So, if you are willing to explore some less visited areas in Nepal that is easily accessible, then opt for Bhairav Kunda Trek with Nepal Hiking Team.
Itinerary Expand all
Day 01 - Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Day 02 - Trek preparation and Kathmandu Valley Sihgtseeing tour
Day 03 - Kathmandu (1350m.) - Jalbire (1000m.) Drive by Bus about 4-5 hours
Day 04 - Jalbire - Chanaute (1350m.) 4hours walk
Day 05 - Chanaute - Khani Gaon (2000m.) 6hours walk
Day 06 - Rest day with Local Village sightseeing
Day 07 - Khani Gaun - Forest Camp (3150m.) 6-7 hours walk
Day 08 - Forest Camp - Pati (3765m.) 5 hours walk
Day 09 - Pati - Bhairab Kunda (4250m.) 3 hours walk
Day 10 - Bhairab Kunda - Sherpa Gaun (2500m.) After Sunrise view 6-7 hours walk.
Day 11 - Sherpa Gaun - Larcha (1500m.) and visit Hot spring (Kodari highway)
Day 12 - Larcha - Kathmandu drive by bus 5-6 hours
Day 13 - Leisure day in Kathmandu
Day 14 - Transfer to international airport for your final departure. “Farewell”
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by private car / van
- Four nights accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu city tours, inclusive of all entry fees, tour guide by private car / van
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with tea & coffee during the trek
- Twin sharing tented accommodation during the trek
- Trekking equipment (two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, table with chairs, kitchen utensils, and other necessary equipments during the trek)
- All surface transfer to/from KTM by jeep/ bus
- Nepal Hiking Team duffle bag, down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
- Nepal Hiking Team T - shirt (yours to keep)
- All necessary paper works
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All cold drinks such as: alcoholic beverages, mineral water, Coke, Fanta, juice, etc.
- Hot showers during the trek
- Personal shopping and laundry
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
Cost & Dates
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.
All Inclusive Price: