Do you want to enjoy the thrill of flying over the snow-capped peaks of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges with the joy of walking through picturesque villages nestled amidst rolling hills? If you do, then Upper Mustang Heli Trek will be your perfect choice.
Upper Mustang was once a forbidden kingdom. In 1992, the restricted region opened to welcome travelers and trekkers. This classic Himalayan trek leads to a remote and restricted which is an excellent destination for adventure seekers. On the trek, trekkers can enjoy the fantastic vistas along with exploration of sky caves, ancient monasteries, and also several villages.
As you traverse the path, the landscapes will gradually charm you with its rugged terrain of barren cliffs and rocky trails. The remote and isolated region allows you to explore the Mustang region. Moreover, adding a chance to feel the vibrant, rich Buddhist values and traditions.
We welcome you all to grab the chance and book the Upper Mustang Heli Trek with us. We are ready, are you?
- Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the Himalayas on a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and Pokhara to Jomsom, where you can marvel at the stunning mountain ranges from the window.
- Embark on a trek through the dry and barren terrain of the Annapurna Conservation Area, the largest protected area in Nepal, known for its diverse flora and fauna, including rare species like snow leopards, Himalayan blue sheep, and Tibetan argali, making it a haven for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts.
- Explore the walled capital city of Upper Mustang, Lo Manthang, an ancient town steeped in Tibetan culture and architecture, and immerse yourself in the rich history and traditions of the region as you visit monasteries, caves, and traditional villages.
- Delight in Mustang's unique and spectacular landscape, characterized by its barren, stark, and dramatic scenery reminiscent of a lunar or desert-like landscape, with deep canyons, eroded cliffs, colorful rock formations, and the iconic red cliffs that Mustang is renowned for.
- As you traverse through this stunning region, you will be mesmerized by the breathtaking views of the majestic Himal, including Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, and Mustang Himal.
- Experience the thrill of a helicopter ride from Lo Manthang and enjoy the remarkable views of the unique landscape of the Upper Mustang.
- Spend the rest of the day boating in the serene waters of the Phewa Lake, resting and discovering the quaint streets of Pokhara.
To summarize what's in it for you, here is a quick route overview of the Upper Mustang Heli Trek. Upon your arrival, one of our representatives will pick you up from the Tribhuvan International Airport. We then take a flight To Pokhara and rest there for the night.
Another flight is scheduled for Jomsom, where upon reaching, we'll make our way toward Kagbeni. From Kagbeni, we hike to Chhuksang, Samar, Geling, Ghami, and Tsarang, where we’ll climb up towards the Lo La pass. The pass offers stunning views of the Northern Mustang and the village of Lo-Manthang. Enjoying the view, we’ll continue our hike and halt at Lo-Manthang.
At Lo-Manthang, we'll take a day's rest and explore the village. On the exploration day, we’ll visit three Gompas or monasteries located in the town. These are Jhampa, Thupchen and Chhoeda.
Then, the next morning we'll take a helicopter to Pokhara, fly to Kathmandu, and bid farewell to the trip.
How challenging is the trek?
The difficulty level of the Upper Mustang helicopter trek can vary depending on factors such as altitude, weather conditions, and personal fitness level. Generally, the Upper Mustang heli trek is considered to be moderately challenging due to its high altitude and remote location.
One of the main challenges of the Upper Mustang helicopter trek is the altitude. The region lies at a high elevation, with most of the trek over 3,000 meters. Altitude sickness can be a concern, and trekkers may experience symptoms such as shortness of breath, headache, nausea, and fatigue. Acclimatizing correctly, staying hydrated, and following a gradual ascent are essential to minimize the risk of altitude sickness.
Another challenge of the Upper Mustang helicopter trek is the remote and rugged terrain. The trek involves trekking through dry and barren landscapes with little vegetation, steep trails, and high mountain passes. Still, it can be manageable for trekkers with a reasonable level of physical fitness and prior trekking experience.
Best Time for Upper Mustang Heli Trek
The Upper Mustang region lies in the rain shadow area of the Himalayas, which means it is relatively dry and receives less rainfall compared to other parts of Nepal. The best time for an Upper Mustang helicopter trek is during the autumn (September to November) and spring (March to May) seasons, considered Nepal's peak trekking seasons.
During autumn, the weather in Upper Mustang is generally stable, with clear skies, mild temperatures, and little to no rainfall. The autumn season offers excellent visibility and stunning views of the Himalayan peaks, making it a preferred time for helicopter treks.
Similarly, the weather in Upper Mustang is also favorable in spring, with mild temperatures, clear skies, and little precipitation. The spring season is known for blooming rhododendrons and other wildflowers, adding to the region's natural beauty.
With this, we’ve reached to end of the overview. We hope you enjoyed reading about this package. If you want any further explanation regarding the trek, please email us. We shall get back to you immediately and organize a wonderful trip for you!