Not everybody can go on a trek. The need to be physically fit, tread on rough terrains for long stretches of time and climb high passes make treks very challenging. Also, most treks take a long time. For people who are not so physically able or don’t have much time to invest in a long trek, taking mountain flights is the best option.
Nepal isn’t a big country, but its vast natural beauty will leave you amazed. There are great mountains such as the Lhotse and Mount Everest- the highest mountain on earth. Mountain flights allow tourists to experience the vastness of some of the highest mountains in the world in a short span of time.
Several high peaks are covered in the mountain flight. The first mountain that tourists get to witness is Langtang. The mountain stands a formidable 7234m high. The next peak is the Gosainthan. It is higher than the langtang and stands 8013m tall. The Gosainthan lies on the Nepal-Tibet border. The next mountain that tourists will encounter is the Dorje Lakpa. Considered by Buddhists as the most sacred of all mountains, the 6975m high mountain was first successfully climbed in 1981.
Gauri–Shanker a 7134m high mountain is next to grace the journey. The twin peaks of the mountain bear an uncanny resemblance to the Hindu deities lord Shankar, who is also known by the name of Shiva, and his wife Gauri. Next is the great Lhotse. Lhotse (8516m) is the fourth highest mountain in the world. In Tibetan language, the word Lhotse means South Peak. The mountain lies to the south of the Mount Everest. The last mountain to make an appearance in the journey is Mount Everest. At 8848m, it is the highest mountain in the world and has not been seen by many. Going on the mountain flight would be the best way to experience the might of the great mountains.
The journey lasts for an hour. Each tourist will be provided a window seat and invited to the cockpit to click pictures of the mighty peaks.
Mountain flights are designed especially for those who do not wish to go on long journeys or are running short on time.
Flight Operation: Every Morning
Duration: 1 hour
Best Season: September through May.
Airlines: Buddha, Yeti, Guana Air and Agni.
Mountain Ranges/Peaks: Mount Everest, Shisa Pangma, Kanchenjunga, Annapurna, Makalu, Ganesh Himal, Gauri Shankar, Lhotse, Nuptse, Langtang, Cho-Oyu , Shringi Himal, Manaslu, Lamjung Himal, Dhaulagiri, Melungtse and many named/ unnamed mountain ranges/peaks.
Mountain flight cost USD 182.00 per person
Short Description of Mountains
1. Langtang (7234m)
The first mountain, which can be seen, is Langtang. The valley of Langtang, which is not visible from the mountain flight, is considered to be the most beautiful in the whole Himalayan region.
2. Gosainthan (8013m)The mountain lies on the Nepal – Tibetan border. Tibetan name for this mountain is Shisapangma. She is related with many Hindu Mythologies especially of Shiva.
3. Dorje Lakpa (6975m)This mountain has a Tibetan name, which means “the mountains of many sacred Thunderbolts”. This mountain is considered to be holy mountain for Buddhists and climbing permission was given only in 1964, and it was not climbed until 1981.
4. Gauri–Shanker (7134m)This single mountain has two peaks and also has two names together because the Hindus believe that the mountain looks like the pair of Gods Shiva and Gouri. This holy mountain was restricted till 1977 for the climbers. It was only in 1979 that an American – Nepal group reached the summit.
5. Lhotse (8516m)As this mountain lies to the south of Everest, name given by the Sherpas is Lhotse, which means” South Peak”. The first ascent of this mountain took place in 1956 by the Swiss.
6. Mount Everest (8848m)This Mountain was discovered in 1852 and is the highest mountain of the world, is named after Sir George Everest, and English surveyor. Sagarmatha, top of the universe, is the name giver by Nepal which means, “Mother of the world” and Qomolongma in Tibetan. Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa were first to climb Everest on May 25, 1953. As a coronation gift to Queen Elizabeth.
Our Head Office Contact
Nepal Hiking Team (P.) Ltd.
- P. O. Box No.: 5596, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Phone: +977-1-4389212, Fax: +977-1-4388959
- 24 Hours Emergency Contact: +977 9851058678, +977 9851058667
- Email: email@example.com
- Skype: nepal-trekking
UK & Europe Booking Contact
- +44 (0) 07956615049
- 37 Bence Road Preston, Lancashire
PR1 4NN, UK