West to East Bhutan Tour
Bhutan is an incredible country to visit; it is unique in so many ways and can surprise even those who have travelled extensively in the Subcontinent. Bhutan is a heavenly abode in the heart of the vast Himalaya. But it is little known to the outside world just being wedged between giant neighbours and secluded by some of the highest mountain ranges.
This West ot East tour takes you right across the country along the lateral highway and gives you glimpses of ethnic groups of Drukpas different in their dialects and customs. It offers you maximum coverage of the country.
This trek covers the National museum, Dungtse Lhakhang, Kyichu Lhakhang, the absolutely out-of-this-world Taktsang Monastery perched on a sheer cliff, most of the important Dzongs (forts), then there's the Memorial Chorten built in memory of the third King of Bhutan. We cover Bumthang valley like no other. Bumthang is one of the most beautiful valleys in Bhutan.
This tour also a visit to Meber Tso or "Flaming Lake" and the lovely Ura valley with its old dzong and cobblestone paths giving it a unique medieval feel. This is a unique lovely tour covering all the important "must see, must visit" spots in Bhutan. During this West to East Bhutan tour you can get chance to experience following places:
Trip Duration:10 days
Accommodatio: Government approved hotel
Group Size: 1 (minimum)
Best Time: : All Year Round
Tour Cost: Drop us email with numbers of people, so can send you best quotation,
Day 1: Meeting and assistance on arrival. Transfer to hotel in Paro.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Paro. Nat. Museum, Dzong & Taksang monastery.
Day 3: Drive to Thimphu. Visit Chorten, Thangka painting, med. school.
Day 4: Drive to Punakha, visit 17th Century Dzong, drive to Wangdi.
Day 5: Drive to Trongsa. Stop at Chendebji 17th century chorten.
Day 6: Drive to Bumthang. Scenic views on entering Bumthang Valley.
Day 7: Sightseeing in Bumthang. Visit Membartso (burning lake).
Day 8: Bumthang to Wangdi. Watch for Black necked crane.
Day 9: Drive to Thimphu. Visit Bosachu (waterfall) & Simtokha Dzong.
Day 10: Early Morning drive to Paro for your departure journey.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up & drop by private car/van/bus (all airport transfers)
- Standard government approved accommodation (in twin share rooms) for the duration of tour.
- Service of licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
- All sightseeing tours, Monument /Museum entrance Fees as per itinerary.
- All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee for whole duration of your stay in Bhutan.
- Country Presentation & Tour Briefing on Day 1 evening with welcome drinks.
- Cultural afternoon/evening consisting of traditional mask dances & folk dances (with beverages) ~ For Group Tours
- Mineral water supply during the tour.
- Government Royalty (which is 35% of $200) this goes to the country's health & education projects.
- Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prado’s, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
- Toyota 4 X 4 luggage vans & light trucks for group travel
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expanse.
- Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
- Route Permits & monument access permits
- Luggage will be hauled by horses, mules or yaks at higher elevations.
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Druk air fare from/to Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa , you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.) (US$ 40 per person) you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival atTribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu for 60 days from date of issue. You required 2 passport size photos & your password copy.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal clothing and equipments.
- Tips for guide and driver.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Our Head Office Contact
Nepal Hiking Team (P.) Ltd.
- P. O. Box No.: 5596, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Phone: +977-1-4389212, Fax: +977-1-4388959
- 24 Hours Emergency Contact: +977 9851058678, +977 9851058667
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: nepal-trekking
UK & Europe Booking Contact
- +44 (0) 07956615049
- 37 Bence Road Preston, Lancashire
PR1 4NN, UK