Roalwaling Valley Trek
The Rolwaling valley is situated in the vicinity of the Everest base camp, between the Everest and Langtang regions. Views of the Mt. Ghauri Shankar, Dorje Lakpa, Mount Everest, Tso Rolpa Lake, breathtaking waterfalls, ancient monasteries and glaciers add to the joy of trekking in the region. It is supposed that the human-like creature Yeti lives here. Although several expeditions to search for the mysterious creature have been in vain, villagers have been reporting sightings of the great beast every now and then.
The Rolwaling valley is also known as the seven hidden valleys in the Himalayas. The indigenous people call the valley “the grave” probably because it is burrowed between enormous snow capped mountains on either side. On the way lie villages belonging to the Sherpas, Tamang and Chhetri communities.
During the trek you would be required to cross many high passes such as the Kongma La, Cho-La and Renjo-la pass. Trekkers would also visit the Na Gaun, a village located at the highest altitude region of the entire trek. The maximum elevation that trekkers would climb to is 5,545m at Kalapatthar. The duration of the trek is 22 days. The trek entails climbing to Gokyo RI peak (5360m) and walking past the quaint Sherpa villages. The trek is full of adventurous journeys into the heart of Nepal’s most remote places.
It being a highly strenuous trek, travelers are required to have some prior mountaineering experience. Trekkers are expected to bring their own mountaineering equipment. There is no provision for providing mountaineering equipment during the trek. Those who aren’t physically fit to endure the stress of the journey are advised against going on this trek. The best time to go on this trek is Sept - Nov and Mar – May. Group sizes may vary between 2 and 12. As fascinating as it is, the trek is only meant for adventure lovers who are physically fit enough to withstand the physical stress of the trip.
The Rolwaling valley trek is perfect for those looking to indulge in nature’s grandeur.
Itinerary in Details
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by private car / van
- Three nights accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu city tours, inclusive of all entry fees, tour guide and private car / van
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek; we provide private bathrooms with hot shower at Phakding, Namche and Lukla.
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance
- Round trip flight to/from Kathmandu inclusive domestic departure tax
- Nepal Hiking Team duffle bag, down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
- Nepal Hiking Team T - Shirt (yours to keep)
- First aid medical kit
- Sagarmatha National Park Permits fee
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System
- Government taxes & office service charge
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All kind of drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Hot and cold showers during the trek
- Personal shopping and laundry
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
*Trip Cost: US$ 2050.00*
Get USD 150.00 OFF per person
For Booking 4 People or More Together.
Trip Length: 22 days
Activities: Trekking, Sightseeing
Difficulty: Moderate to Strenuous
Max Elevation: 5,545m/at Kalapatthar
Meal: Full board on trek, Breakfast at Kathmandu
Transportation: Flight and private vehicle
Best Month: Sept - Nov and Mar - May
Group Size: 02 Minimum and 12 Maximum
Sightseeing tour of Historical, Cultural, religious UNESCO Heritages sites of Kathmandu city,
People & Cultures, religions & Lifestyle of more Ethnic groups,
Fantastic Mountain views above 6000- 8848m peaks including world's Highest peak- Mount Everest,
Famous Climbing to Gokyo RI Peak ( 5360m),
Adventures & scenic walk though Sherpa Villages,
The great trekking experience of lifetime.
Hiking to Everest Base Camp and Broad Summit of Kalapatthar.
The ultimate challenge of crossing three passes including Kongma La, Cho-La and Renjo-la pass
"Our trek to Everest Base Camp with Balaram in October 2008 from Nepal Hiking Team was brilliant, honestly it was a trip of a lifetime"
Robert, James & Christopher - UK
"Our Everest Base Camp Trek was truly adventure of a lifetime. We would like to special thanks to our guide Raj, and the rest of the excellent staff. They were friendly, knowledgeable, and extremely supportive. We would highly recommend Nepal Hiking Team to anyone interested for trekking in Nepal"
Toby & Sabine, Riehlstr. Berlin.
"My 20 days trip including Everest base camp, Kalapattar, Gokyo, and passing Chola pass. A single trek, was completely satisfied. I had a very professional guide and you could tell straight away that he has many years of experience....
Jenny Muller Switzerland
"We had a wonderful time on our 16 -days Everest Base Camp Trek, our guide Raj was very professional always helpful and a good friend. Yamu carried unbelievable loads and always kept smiling. We would not hesitate to recommend NHT anyone would like to visit your beautiful country"
Marketa & Nick, Germany
"The Everest Base Camp Trek is well organized, accommodating the necessary acclimatization process into a well planned daily trek in an exceptional landscape. The guide and porters were excellent and we could not have asked for better company. The organization, staff and care was above expectations." More
Caroline – Melbourne, Australia
You may also like.......
Everest B.C Trek with Gokyo Lake
Arround Everest Trek our Gokyo Chola Pass trekking takes you to the foot of Mt. Everest traversing across the high!
USD 1550.00 For 19 Days!
Everest High Passes Trek This trek is now considered to be one of the best journeys in Everest Region combining a strenuous trek!
USD 1600.00 For 21 Days!
Everest Gokyo Lake Trek Gokyo Lake trek is perhaps the most extravagant trek in the Everest region, this trek is considered!
USD 1220.00 For 15 Days!
Everest Base Camp Trek
Start through the Scenic flight to Lukla, abundant flora & fauna into the Sagarmatha national park!
USD 1320.00 For 16 days!
Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek The Jiri to Everest Base Camp trek is for diehard who shuns the Lukla flight preferring to reach!
USD 1700.00 For 23 Days!
Everest Panorama Trek
Everest Panorama Trek is a great introduction to Sherpa country and its culture with great mountain views!
USD 1075.00 For 11 Days!
Our Head Office Contact
Nepal Hiking Team (P.) Ltd.
- P. O. Box No.: 5596, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Phone: +977-1-4389212, Fax: +977-1-4388959
- 24 Hours Emergency Contact: +977 9851058678, +977 9851058667
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: nepal-trekking
UK & Europe Booking Contact
- +44 (0) 07956615049
- 37 Bence Road Preston, Lancashire
PR1 4NN, UK