Nepal Hiking Team - Day Tours
Our tour will take you to some of the most exotic traditional temples, monasteries and mountains within few hours. There are several interesting places outside the city as well however Kathmandu valley is of prime interest to the nature lovers with its wonderful scenic beauty.
This begins with Mt. Everest flight in the morning, approximately one hour flight, and visit the famous historic and fascinating temples in and around the city including Pasupatinath Temple, Boudhanath, Swayambhunath and Pashupati Nath. This trip daylong tours where you will be taken to the temples and famous Buddhist monasteries which are not only old but also worshiped till date. The Kathmandu Tours also include many pilgrimage tours availed by tourists coming from neighboring countries like India and others.
Apart from sightseeing, a tour of Kathmandu also indicates exploring every corner of the city and understands its culture and tradition. Kathmandu is famous for its shopping. Come to Durbar Square in the city. Here you will find a row of shops that sell some of the traditional items of Nepal. You can collect beautiful souvenirs and handicrafts from here to take back home. Besides shopping, there are many other things to do in Kathmandu.
While you are on tour, it is important to halt at several restaurants and try the best Nepalese cuisines here. Some of the restaurants also serve delicious Chinese, Tibetan and International culinary delights. There are lots of bars and pubs in this colorful city. You can enter any one of them to get a good drink. Besides eating and drinking, Kathmandu offers you exotic nightlife. Many tourists especially westerners are attracted to the glittering nightlife of Kathmandu. There are traces of the old Hippie culture here still today. Thus the various tourist attractions in Kathmandu; this tours makes one of the best ways to spend your vacation in Nepal.
Departure: Every day,
Duration: 4 - 6 hours,
Group Size: Minimum 1, maximum 25,
Season: All year arround
Transportation: Car, van and plane
Place to See/Visit: Mount Everest, Kathmandu Darbar Square, Pasupatinath, Boudha and Swayambhunath,
Trip Cost: Drop us email with numbers of people, so can send you best quotation,
Short Desc. of Mountains which can see from Mountain flight
1. Langtang (7234m)
The first mountain, which can be seen, is Langtang. The valley of Langtang, which is not visible from the mountain flight, is considered to be the most beautiful in the whole Himalayan region.
2. Gosainthan (8013m)The mountain lies on the Nepal – Tibetan border. Tibetan name for this mountain is Shisapangma. She is related with many Hindu Mythologies especially of Shiva.
3. Dorje Lakpa (6975m)This mountain has a Tibetan name, which means “the mountains of many sacred Thunderbolts”. This mountain is considered to be holy mountain for Buddhists and climbing permission was given only in 1964, and it was not climbed until 1981.
4. Gauri–Shanker (7134m)This single mountain has two peaks and also has two names together because the Hindus believe that the mountain looks like the pair of Gods Shiva and Gouri. This holy mountain was restricted till 1977 for the climbers. It was only in 1979 that an American – Nepal group reached the summit.
5. Lhotse (8516m)As this mountain lies to the south of Everest, name given by the Sherpas is Lhotse, which means” South Peak”. The first ascent of this mountain took place in 1956 by the Swiss.
6. Mount Everest (8848m)This Mountain was discovered in 1852 and is the highest mountain of the world, is named after Sir George Everest, and English surveyor. Sagarmatha, top of the universe, is the name giver by Nepal which means, “Mother of the world” and Qomolongma in Tibetan. Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa were first to climb Everest on May 25, 1953. As a coronation gift to Queen Elizabeth.
Our Head Office Contact
Nepal Hiking Team (P.) Ltd.
- P. O. Box No.: 5596, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Phone: +977-1-4389212, Fax: +977-1-4388959
- 24 Hours Emergency Contact: +977 9851058678, +977 9851058667
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: nepal-trekking
UK & Europe Booking Contact
- +44 (0) 07956615049
- 37 Bence Road Preston, Lancashire
PR1 4NN, UK