Kathmandu Lhasa Tour
Our Kathmandu - Lhasa Tour definitely offers you some of the most amazing scenery, Tibetan villages, charming view of the Himalayas and many more.
Lhasa, capital of the Tibet Autonomous Region, covers an area of 544 square kilometers and is "The Land of Gods" in Tibetan, sits on the north bank of River Lhasa, a tributary of the Yarlung Tsangbo River, at an altitude of 3,700 meters. It has a history of over 13 centuries. With more than 3,000 hours of sunshine annually, Lhasa is famed as “the City of Sunshine". It is the capital of Tibet Autonomous Region and the center of Tibet's political, economic, cultural and religious activities.
There are many historic sites and famous relics in the city proper and its suburbs, among which the Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery and Ganden Monastery are world famous.
Itinerary in Details
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
You are welcomed by hospitable meeting and then you will be transferred to hotel. Our airport representative will explain briefly the program upon arrival. Overnight at hotel. B.B
Day 02: Obtain Chinese Visa and Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour
Sightseeing of world heritage sites in Kathmandu valley including, Kathmandu Darbar square, Swayambhunath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa & Pasupatinath Temple. Overnight at hotel. B.B
Day 03: Fly to Gongar airport and drive to Lhasa (3660m)
Early morning transfer to the international airport for the hour-long flight to Gongar. This stunning flight, on a China Southwest Airlines, takes us right across the main Himalayan range and provides us with magnificent mountain views. After landing at Gongar Airport and meeting your Tibetan guide, it is a further 2-hour drive by Land cruiser to Lhasa. It's advisable to rest and take it easy for the remainder of the day due to Lhasa's altitude. Overnight at hotel. B.B
Day 04: Sightseeing Tour in Lhasa
We spend today visiting several of Lhasa's many monasteries in the company of a guide and interpreter. One of these is the Sera Monastery, one of the best-preserved monasteries in Tibet, within its whitewashed walls and golden roofs, several hundred monks live and study. After lunch we'll visit the Norbulingka, the summer palace of the Dalai Lama, as well as the Jokhang Temple. This temple is possibly the most sacred shrine in Tibet and there is always a procession of devout Tibetans through the complex. Surrounding the Jokhang is the Barkor - a maze of narrow cobbled streets that is the central market of Lhasa. Overnight at hotel. B.B
Day 05: Second day sightseeing tour in Lhasa
In the morning, we visit Potala Palace which dominates the city of Lhasa it’s a spectacular building, containing private quarters of the Dalai Lama as well as numerous grand state rooms and many important chapels. There has been a Palace on this site since the 5th or 6th century, but the present Palace was constructed in the 17th century. After lunch, we visit the Drepung Monastery, which was founded in the 14th century and was once the largest in the world, with a populationof around 10,000 monks. These days that figure is down to several hundred, but there is still much here of interest as it was left relatively unscathed during the Cultural Revolution. Overnight at hotel. B.B
Day 06: Transfer to Gongar Airport for your return flight to Kathmandu.
Day 07: Transfer to Airport for home departure. B. “Farewell!”
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus
- Three night’s accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle inclusive of all entrance fees
- Kathmandu-Gongar-Kathmandu international airfare
- Tibet entry travel permit and Chinese visa
- All monasteries entry fees
- Three night’s accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Lhasa inclusive of breakfast
- Guided city tour in Lhasa by private vehicle inclusive of all entrance fees
- Japanese land cruisers 4WD, 4500 model (four people in one jeep)
- Tibet Tourism Board (TTB) approved Tibetan guide
- All government taxes and official expense
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Foods during the tour other than breakfast
- Travel insurance
- International airfare other than Kathmandu-Gongar-Kathmandu
- Nepal entry & re entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All cold drinks such as: alcoholic beverages, mineral water, Coke, Fanta, juice, etc.
- Personal shopping and laundry
- Personal equipments
- Tips for guide and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
*Trip Cost: US$ 2000.00*
Get USD 150.00 OFF per person
For a booking of four or more people.
Trip Length: 7 days
Activities: Kathmandu and Lhasa Tour
Difficulty: Easy- Leisure holidays
Max Elevation: 3,660m/at Lhasa
Meal: Breakfast only
Transportation: 4500 model, Land cruisers
When to visit: Throughout a year
Group Size: 1 Minimum and 25 Maximum
Sightseeing Tour of Historical, UNESCO World Heritages Sites in Kathmandu,
Spectacular flight Kathmandu - Lhasa passing over Mt Kanchenjunga (8586m), Mt. Everest (8848m) and Mt. Makalu (8463m).
Three nights in Lhasa, sightseeing tour of Potala place, Jokhang temple, Tibetan traditional medicine hospital.
Thank you so much for your hospitality and great support during Everest Base Camp Tour Tibet . We found your company is really professional and Migmar, "Our Tibetan Guide" was amazing, his English is fluent and experienced! The Land Cruiser was very comfortable, and well driver, it was wonderful and lifetime an experienced.
Thank you and hope to see you again.
Mariana, Poland Read More
You may also like.......
Everest Base Camp Tour Tibet Everest base camp Overland tour is definitely offers you some of the most amazing scenery, Tibetan villages
USD 2150.00 For 13 Days!
Tibet Overland Tour Kathmandu Lhasa Overland Tour gives you enough time to Tibet, which has long been known as the Forbidden
USD 1620.00 For 11 Days!
Kailash Mansarover Tour Mt. Kailash (6714m) is the holiest mountain in Tibet and is one of the famous pilgrimage sites for Hindus
USD 2550.00 For 15 Days!
Lhasa Kathmandu Cicycle Tour Tibet is a rich and beautiful land with an average altitude of over 4,000m. There are about.
USD 3760.00 For 23 Days!
Simikot Kailash Lhasa Tour This tour will offer the exceptional type of trekking familiarity, which takes you to Tibet's mythical Mount Kailash.
USD 3850.00 For 25 Days!
Simikot Kailash Zhamzu Tour Simikot Kailash Zhangmu tour is very exhausting and the distances traveled are much longer. Generally, we begin
USD 3650.00 For 21 Days!
Our Head Office Contact
Nepal Hiking Team (P.) Ltd.
- P. O. Box No.: 5596, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Phone: +977-1-4389212, Fax: +977-1-4388959
- 24 Hours Emergency Contact: +977 9851058678, +977 9851058667
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: nepal-trekking
UK & Europe Booking Contact
- +44 (0) 07956615049
- 37 Bence Road Preston, Lancashire
PR1 4NN, UK