Nepal Bird Watching
There is a serene charm about Nepal that draws millions of tourists towards it. From the high snow-capped peak of the majestic Himalayas to the near sea Tarai region, Nepal is a country blessed with a unique flora and fauna. Nepal with over 868 species of birds is a country which is a haven for bird watchers. Millions of tourists from all over the world visit Nepal every year to watch and hear the most exotic and vibrant birds that can be found in the world.
Nepal, mainly attributed to its diverse climatic conditions offers perfect shelter to a large variety of birds, some of which are the rarest species on the planet. The lush marshlands and open fields offer ideal breeding and migrating grounds for birds. Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal in itself is home to over 500 species of birds. The most famous bird watching spots in Kathmandu include Bagmati River, Godavari, Nagarjun, Phulchoki and Taudaha, among others. Here you can find the various vibrant local and migratory birds.
Nepal has several national parks and sanctuaries that not only offer a unique bird watching experience to the tourists, but also provide sight seeing of wild animals and a glimpse into the local traditions and culture, all in the backdrop of panoramic mountain views. The country has various picturesque National Parks including Koshi Thappu Wild Life Reserve in Biratnagar, Godavari Royal Botanical Garden, Phulchowki, Bardia National Park and Chitwan. Here you can find the most popular species of birds including sunbirds, flowerpeckers, partridges, storks, fulvettas, yuhinas, flycatchers, minivets, woodpeckers, warblers and laughing-thrushes, as well as migratory birds including Siberian Rubythroat, Peregrine Falcon, Ospreys, Red-flanked Bluetail, Ibisill, Wallcreeper, Swamp Francolin, Honey Kites, Black Ibis, Black Headed Orioles, Cutia and Tickell's Red-breasted Blue Flycatcher, among hundreds of other species.
Moreover, Nepal also provides shelter to various endangered species including the country’s national bird Impeyan Pheasant, Bengal florican, Sarus Crane and Spiny Babler, which are found only in Nepal.
The mystical beauty and tranquility of Nepal enchants every individual who visits this valley. The peaceful terrains and enchanted flora and fauna cast a magic on a tourist that can not be replicated in any other place in the world. Visit Nepal and be a part of the unadulterated nature.
Trip Duration:13 days
Activities: Tour + Hiking
Group Size: 1 (minimum)
Best Time: : Jan - May, Sep -Dec.
Trip Cost: Contact us
Day 01: Upon arrival at the Kathmandu airport, welcome by our representative & transfer to the hotel. At the hotel briefing about the program by our representative.
Day 02: Full day bird & butterfly watching in Phulchowki (2759m), & Godavari Royal Botanical Garden.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Koshi Tappu, Biratnagar. Evening bird, butterfly & dolphin watching.
Day 04: Full day bird, butterfly & dolphin exploring activities on foot and in boats in Koshi Tappu.
Day 05: Drive from Koshi Tappu to Chitwan for 9-10 hrs through the beautiful landscapes. Evening jungle activities in Chitwan. Evening enjoy Tharu cultural programmes.
Day 06: Whole day jungle activities in Chitwan including jungle walk, elephant ride, canon ride, village visit and explore the jungle on foot and jeeps for birds viewing, butterfly watching. In the evening enjoy a cultural dance performed by local villagers.
Day 07: Full day jungle activities like jungle walk, canon ride, bird watching, nature walk etc.
Day 08: Drive from Chitwan to the Bardia National Park. Evening jungle activities
Day 09: Full day Jungle activities including elephant back safari, nature walks, jungle drive, bird watching and trekking in the Churia Hills to observe more birds. Overnight in the tented camp.
Day 10: Full day jungle activities with cultural visits to Tharu village, Gangetic dolphin viewing, rafting in the Karnali river. In the evening Tharu (ethnic tribe) cultural performance.
Day 11: Drive to Nepalgunj for about 2 hrs then fly to Kathmandu, transfer to the hotel.
Day 12: Leisure day in Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.
Day 13: Transfer to the International Airport for your home departure. “Farewell”
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Airport / hotel / airport transfer by private car/van
- Twin sharing accommodation as per above program, inclusive of breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea, coffee
- An English speaking birding guide for your whole trip.
- All tour activities as per above program.
- All tour permits and entry fees.
- All surface transportation for whole trip by private vehicle
- Government taxes & Office Service charge
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All cold drinks such as: alcoholic beverages, mineral water, Coke, Fanta, juice, etc.
- Hot and cold showers during the trek
- Personal shopping and laundry
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
Our Head Office Contact
Nepal Hiking Team (P.) Ltd.
- P. O. Box No.: 5596, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Phone: +977-1-4389212, Fax: +977-1-4388959
- 24 Hours Emergency Contact: +977 9851058678, +977 9851058667
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: nepal-trekking
UK & Europe Booking Contact
- +44 (0) 07956615049
- 37 Bence Road Preston, Lancashire
PR1 4NN, UK