Bhairav Kunda Trek
The place is located close to the Nepal-Tibet border. Bhairav Kund derives its name from the name of one of the avatars of Lord Shiva- Bhairav. Bhairav is a manifestation of Lord Shiva associated with destruction. The place is so called because of the belief that Lord Bhairav himself came to bless it. It is one of the most sacred pilgrimage sites of the Shamans and Hindus residing in Nepal and the adjoining areas.
The trek covers various tiny villages, which follow traditions peculiar to the region. People of these villages still follow the simple way of life and are untouched by the many developments taking place in the modern world. The tour takes off from Jalbire, which is a five hour journey from Kathmandu. Proceeding forward to the Tibetan border, the trek covers an eclectic mix of captivating mountains, villages belonging to different ethnic groups, enchanting landscapes and beautiful forests. The guide will also inform you of the precautions that you need to take and problems such as trekking sickness that you may face during the journey.
A sightseeing tour of the Kathmandu valley marks the beginning of the trek, followed by a drive to Jalbire and then Traveling on foot to Chanaute (1350m), a 4hour walk from Jalbire and then to Khani Gaon. Traversing forward one reaches forest camp, this takes around 5 hours. From forest camp, the trek moves ahead to the final destination- Bhairav Kund. In the days to come, tourists would also visit Sherpa Gaun and Larcha, before returning back to Kathmandu.
The trekking route also unravels an ancient trade route between Nepal and Tibet. The tranquility of the many Buddhist villages combined with the vastness of the snow capped mountains make them an ideal destination choice for admirers of simplicity and unadulterated natural splendor. You also get an opportunity to mingle with the warm and friendly people and learn of their way of life.
The trek is dotted with several high peaks, including the Jugal Himal region of the Himalayan ranges, Dorje Lakpa, Madiya Phurbi, Ghhyachu which are 6966meter, 6257meter and 6637meter high respectively.
Undoubtedly, one of the best travel destinations in Nepal, Bhairav Kund is a haven for nature lovers.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Day 02: Trek preparation and Kathmandu Valley Sihgtseeing tour
Day 03: Kathmandu (1350m.) - Jalbire (1000m.) Drive by Bus about 4-5 hours
Day 04: Jalbire - Chanaute (1350m.) 4hours walk
Day 05: Chanaute - Khani Gaon (2000m.) 6hours walk
Day 06: Rest day with Local Village sightseeing
Day 07: Khani Gaun - Forest Camp (3150m.) 6-7 hours walk
Day 08: Forest Camp - Pati (3765m.) 5 hours walk
Day 09: Pati - Bhairab Kunda (4250m.) 3 hours walk
Day 10: Bhairab Kunda - Sherpa Gaun (2500m.) After Sunrise view 6-7 hours walk.
Day 11: Sherpa Gaun - Larcha (1500m.) and visit Hot spring (Kodari highway)
Day 12: Larcha - Kathmandu drive by bus 5-6 hours
Day 13: Leisure day in Kathmandu
Day 14: Transfer to international airport for your final departure. “Farewell”
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by private car / van
- Four nights accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu city tours, inclusive of all entry fees, tour guide by private car / van
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with tea & coffee during the trek
- Twin sharing tented accommodation during the trek
- Trekking equipment (two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, table with chairs, kitchen utensils, and other necessary equipments during the trek)
- All surface transfer to/from KTM by jeep/ bus
- Nepal Hiking Team duffle bag, down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
- Nepal Hiking Team T - shirt (yours to keep)
- All necessary paper works
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System
- Government taxes & office service charge.
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All cold drinks such as: alcoholic beverages, mineral water, Coke, Fanta, juice, etc.
- Hot and cold showers during the trek
- Personal shopping and laundry
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
*Trip Cost: US$ 1150.00*
Get USD 99.00 OFF per person
For a booking of three or more people.
Trip Length: 14 days
Activities: Trekking, Sightseeing
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Max Elevation: 4250m
Meal: Full board on trek, Breakfast in Kathmandu
Best Month: Jan - May and Sept - Dec
Group Size: 02 Minimum and 12 Maximum
Sightseeing Tour of Historical, UNESCO World Heritages Sites in Kathmandu,
Scenic drive to/from Kathmandu
Mixed Nepalese culture, walking through rhododendron forest,
Best sunrise and sunset view, attractive view of several mountains including: Jugal Himal and Rowling range,
Newly opened trekking route of Nepal etc...
We had wonderful time on our 11 days holidays to Langtang valley trekking, our guide Rabin and porter Bhim were amazing and very affective and professional. Also your company followed through with everything is promised.
Thank you so much again for arranging such a great trip. More
Gorse’s Family - Villa de Las Fuentes 1, Ave. 22D Norte - No 503 Panama.
You may also like.......
Langtang Valley Trek The Langtang valley trek starts from the lower Langtang Valley, through its forests, abundance of wildlife.
USD 750.00 For 11 Days!
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek This classical trek combines three major areas north-east of Kathmandu along the border of Tibet.
USD 1050.00 For 16 Days!
Helambu Trek Helambu trek is a short and easy trek in Nepal and can easily be accessed from Kathmandu.
USD 700.00 For 10 Days!
Ganja La Pass Trek Ganja La pass trekking is a popular, tough and daring trekking track in Langtang region
USD 1650.00 For 16 Days!
Our Head Office Contact
Nepal Hiking Team (P.) Ltd.
- P. O. Box No.: 5596, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Phone: +977-1-4389212, Fax: +977-1-4388959
- 24 Hours Emergency Contact: +977 9851058678, +977 9851058667
- Email: email@example.com
- Skype: nepal-trekking
UK & Europe Booking Contact
- +44 (0) 07956615049
- 37 Bence Road Preston, Lancashire
PR1 4NN, UK