Relish the beauty of northern face of Mt. Everest and endeavour the beauty that resides in the wild mountainous landscape of Tibet. Everest Advanced Base Camp Trek takes you to the roof of the world to admire the pinnacles of the towering mountains in its pristine and undisturbed attire. A scenic flight above the Himalayas takes you to the forbidden land of Lhasa. As soon as you reach Lhasa, you can feel the thin air as you are already at a high altitude region. The wild landscape and views of towering mountains; everything about this place is phenomenon.
You do not require any kind of mountaineering and climbing experience to reach the Advanced Everest Base Camp. It’s an overland journey but you need to have good adaptive capacity with the elevation gain. Your actual trekking journey starts from the Rongbuk monastery for about 6 to 7 days. We begin our climb towards high camp via base camp and interim camp. Climbing is not a big problem but the altitude adaptiveness is!
Everest Advanced Base Camp Trek not only includes the trophy of reaching to the roof of the world but features the major attraction of Lhasa city. On the way to your travel to the Advanced Everest Base Camp, you will pass the city of Gods – Lhasa city, where you will visit the sites of cultural importance and historical significance. Visit Potala palace, Drepung monastery, Johang temple, Sera monastery and Norbulingka palace upon your arrival in Lhasa!
- Day 01 : Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
- Day 02 : Obtain Chinese Visa and Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour
- Day 03 : Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa (3660m/12004ft) 1 hrs flight and 2 hrs drive
- Day 04 : Sightseeing Tour in Lhasa
- Day 05 : Second day sightseeing tour in Lhasa
- Day 06 : Drive to Shigatse (3900m/12792ft) – 350 K.M, 7 hrs
- Day 07 : Drive to Tingri (4150m/13612ft) visit Natang and Sakya Monastery. 274 K.M 6 hrs
- Day 08 : Drive to Rongbuk (5000m/16400ft) - 68 K.M 2 hrs
- Day 09 : Trek to Base Camp (5220m/17121ft).
- Day 10 : Trek from Everest Base Camp to Camp 1 (5460m/17910ft) Duration: 5-6 hrs
- Day 11 : Trek to Interim Camp (5760m/18892ft) Duration: 5-6 hrs
- Day 12 : Rest day at Interim Camp
- Day 13 : Trek to Camp II (5970m/19580ft) Duration: 3-4 hrs
- Day 14 : Trek to ABC (6340m/20795ft) and return to Camp II
- Day 15 : Return to Base Camp
- Day 16 : Drive back to Nyalam - 68 K.M 7 hrs
- Day 17 : Drive to Kathmandu (1337m/4385ft) 123 K.M 5 hrs
- Day 18 : Leisure day
- Day 19 : Farewell
- All ground transportations by private car including airport transfers
- Four night’s accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- International flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa flight in economic class
- Three nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3 star category hotel in Lhasa
- A night accommodation with breakfast at a 3 star category hotel in Shigatse
- Best Available Guesthouses with breakfast at Tingri, Rongbuk and Nyalam
- Tibet entry travel permit and Chinese visa – please kindly provide us clear passport copies in advance for the Tibet permit
- Tented accommodations with full board meals during the trek prepared by Nepalese expert cook when minimum of 6 people in the group, but less than 6 people we use Tibetan staff
- Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB) approved Tibetan guide, require numbers of porters/yaks including their meals, salary, insurance, equipments etc.
- Trekking equipment (two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, Table with chairs, kitchen utensils, and all other necessary equipments.
- Oxygen Cylinder with mask regulator will be provided for an emergency
- All government taxes and office service charge
- Meals not specified in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary’
- Travel insurance,
- Nepal entry visa & re entry visa fess,
- Personal trekking equipments,
- International air fare other than Kathmandu-Gongar
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural
- Calamities, flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, accidents etc
- Tips for guide and support crew (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
Day 01 : Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
You are welcomed by hospitable meeting and then you will be transferred to hotel. Our airport representative will explain briefly the program upon arrival. Overnight at hotel
Day 02 : Obtain Chinese Visa and Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour
Sightseeing of world heritage sites in Kathmandu valley including, Kathmandu Darbar square, Swayambhunath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa & Pasupatinath Temple. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 03 : Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa (3660m/12004ft) 1 hrs flight and 2 hrs drive
Early morning transfer to the international airport for the hour-long flight to Lhasa. This stunning flight, on a China Southwest Airlines Boeing 757, takes us right across the main Himalayan range and provides us with magnificent mountain views. After landing at Gongar Airport and meeting our Tibetan guide, it is a further 2 hrs drive by Land cruiser to Lhasa. It's advisable to rest and take it easy for the remainder of the day due to Lhasa's altitude. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 04 : Sightseeing Tour in Lhasa
We spend our day visiting several monasteries in Lhasa in the company of a guide and interpreter. One of these is the Sera Monastery, a best-preserved monastery in Tibet within its whitewashed walls and golden roofs. After lunch we visit Norbulingka, a summer palace of the Dalai Lama and the Jokhang Temple, a most sacred shrine in Tibet. Surrounding the Jokhang is the Barkor - a maze of narrow cobbled streets that is the central market of Lhasa. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 05 : Second day sightseeing tour in Lhasa
We visit Potala Palace in the morning. It is a palace that dominates the city of Lhasa. It is a spectacular building containing private quarters of the Dalai Lama as well as numerous grand state rooms and many important chapels. There has been a Palace on this site since the 5th or 6th century, but the present Palace was constructed in the 17th century. After lunch, we visit the Drepung Monastery, which was founded in the 14th century. It used to be the largest monastery in the world, with a population of around 10,000 monks. These days the number has fallen down to hundred. Overnight at Hotel, Breakfast included
Day 06 : Drive to Shigatse (3900m/12792ft) – 350 K.M, 7 hrs
Our drive follows the Tsangpo River. We ascend up to 15,700-foot Khampa La. We see Yamdrok Lake below and in the near distance rises a great snow peak of Ningdzingzonka. We then head westward along the lake and drive toward Gyantse. In Gyantse, we visit the famous Pelkor Monastery. The Pelkor Chode Monastery also includes Gyantse Kumbum. The Kumbum has nine floors and each tier has unique chapels. It is considered the largest of the three Kumbums in Tibet. After one and half hour drive, we arrive in Shigatse. Overnight at Hotel, Breakfast included.
Day 07 : Drive to Tingri (4150m/13612ft) visit Natang and Sakya Monastery. 274 K.M 6 hrs
Today, we transverse along the Friendship Highway amidst the picturesque landscape and pass a small town of Lhatse and Gyamtso La pass at 5220m. We visit Natang Monastery, 12 km far from Xigaste. We then drive to Sakya Monastery again. We see the largest book of the world in Sakya's great library which is written in gold. In the evening, we reach Shegar. As the route opens into plains, we can see many monasteries and camps of nomadic herders in the route to Shegar. Overnight at Guesthouse, Breakfast included.
Day 08 : Drive to Rongbuk (5000m/16400ft) - 68 K.M 2 hrs
Today, we head to south over the Pang La 5150 meters towards the main Himalayan range. It gives a magnificent view of Himalayas stretching from Makalu to Shishapangma. Below the pass, as we head to the Rongbuk Valley, we get the charming view of Everest. We visit Rongbuk Monastery, a Buddhist pilgrimage site founded in 1902 by a Nyingmapa Lama in an area of meditation huts that had been in use by monks and hermits for over 400 years. Overnight at Guesthouse, Breakfast included.
Day 09 : Trek to Base Camp (5220m/17121ft).
Trek to Base Camp (5220m/17121ft). Overnight at tented camp, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 10 : Trek from Everest Base Camp to Camp 1 (5460m/17910ft) Duration: 5-6 hrs
Trekking the surreally sculpted Rongbuk Glacier you walk away from Everest Base Camp to Camp I for two and half hours or more. Camp I lies amidst moraine hills under picturesque yellow-orange granite cliffs. In the beginning the trekking route skirts the east side of the Rongbuk Glacier and opens into a flat area at 5270m. On the Southwest, Pumori at 7145 m. After arriving at Camp I, you may wish to explore snout of the East Rongbuk Glacier lying just 20 minutes away from the camp. Overnight at tented camp, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 11 : Trek to Interim Camp (5760m/18892ft) Duration: 5-6 hrs
The trail overlooks glacier-topped mountain as it roll from gravel mounds, mud plain to rocky moraine. Lying directly across from Far East Rongbuk glacier, Interim Camp can prove very beneficial for further acclimatization and supper vantage point prior to trekking up to Camp II. Overnight at tented camp, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 12 : Rest day at Interim Camp
A rest day for preparation to climb higher up or you may wish to explore around. Overnight at tented camp, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 13 : Trek to Camp II (5970m/19580ft) Duration: 3-4 hrs
It is about three and half hours or more to ascend from Interim Camp to Camp II. You will approach Camp II at 5970 meter as you near the south side of the glacier at the eastern end of the Changtse Glacier junction lying below huge cliff. Along the trail to Camp II you get to capture huge seracs rising up to 50 feet above the surface of the glacier and endless array of mountain scenery. Overnight at tented camp, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 14 : Trek to ABC (6340m/20795ft) and return to Camp II
As you march towards ABC; you trek along moraine following the glacier to the right around the eastern flank of Changtse. Further ahead, you ascend a succession of hills as the glacier softens into smooth snowy ice fields carpeting the approaching ridges. En route you may spot several tent sites and discarded oxygen bottles. 1480 meter straight up from Camp III lies the Pinnacles challenging trekkers to explore its mystiques. Its complexity has kept the northeast Ridge unclimbed for a long time. North Col lies at 7066 meter in the West connecting Everest’s Northeast Ridge and Changtse. Through binocular you can see spectacular sight of striated rock summit of Everest extending above the Pinnacles to the southeast little more than 8000 feet (2400 m) higher than Camp III. Beyond Camp III there are gravel hills beside the glacier and you may trek along this trail for one hour provided that you are fully acclimatized. Finally, you conclude your trek by journeying back to Camp II from ABC for 2 hours. Overnight at tented camp, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 15 : Return to Base Camp
From Camp II you continue trekking back to Base Camp, a long day trek down to comfortable lower altitude. Overnight at tented camp, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 16 : Drive back to Nyalam - 68 K.M 7 hrs
We head back to Friendship highway and continue our journey to Nyalam (3750m/12300ft). Overnight at Guesthouse, Breakfast included.
Day 17 : Drive to Kathmandu (1337m/4385ft) 123 K.M 5 hrs
Today, we leave Nyalam behind. We pass the Bhote Koshi River and cross the Chinese - Nepalese border. After a short drive, we bid our Tibetan guide a goodbye. We then drive and walk to Nepalese Immigration Control in Kodari. Our Nepalese staff will complete the re-entry formalities and we drive to Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 18 : Leisure day
Spend the day in Kathmandu, to rest or to explore, as per your inclination. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 19 : Farewell
Approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight, a representative from the Nepal Hiking Team will take you to the airport.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.