Bhutan Thunder Dragon Tour
Bhutan, locally known as Drukyul (Land of Thunder Dragon), is one of the world's most exotic destinations and is located to the North of India and the South of Tibet, this country is the last surviving Mahayana Buddhist Kingdom. Never colonized, Bhutan has eluded the influences of accelerated and heedless modernization, making it an extremely rare and unique travel destination.
The experience of this spectacular country is a fusion of Buddhist tradition, breathtaking Himalayan landscapes and a unique architecture. Join us on this cultural tour of Bhutan.
This Land of Thunder Dragon tour will take you through some of the most picturesque landscapes of spectacular mountain ranges to the lush green valleys. The visitor will see the unique architectural splendours of the Dzongs, monasteries and the traditional Bhutanese houses and witness some intriguing religious festivals. One will also get the opportunity to taste the exotic Bhutanese cuisine and meet the friendly people.
This Land of Thunder tour introduce visitors to unique aspects of Mahayana Bhutanese culture, temples and scenic spots for a closer look at a culture and a land which remain the most unspoiled and beautiful example of the traditional Himalayan way of life in existence today.
Trip Duration:8 days
Accommodation:Government approved hotel
Group Size: 1 (minimum)
Best Time: : All Year Round
Tour Cost: Drop us email with numbers of people, so can send you best quotation,
Itinerary in Details
Day 1: Arrive Paro
The flight to Paro crosses the Himalayan Mountains, affording spectacular views of the awesome peaks, including the sacred Jumolhari and Jichu Drake peaks in Bhutan. On arrival you will be greeted by the guide and transfer to the hotel. After lunch, you will visit the Ta Dzong, once a fortified lookout tower that is now the National Museum. The museum has wide assortment of ancient paintings, armors, philatelic display and “field of Buddhas”, which helps one to visualize while meditating. Next visit Kichu Lhakhang, the oldest temple in the country. Overnight at hotel. B.L.D
Day 02: IN PARO
Morning drive and to DRUKGYAL DZONG (18km.), RINPUNG DZONG, TA DZONG MUSEUM including local bazaar in PARO valley- Overnight at hotel. B.L.D
Day 03: EXCURSION TO TAKTSANG
Morning excursion to TAKTSANG MONASTERY with a 2 hour horse ride-Afternoon drive to MENDEGANG. Overnight at hotel. B.L.D
Day 04: WANGDI - PUNAKHA
Scenic drive to WANGDI & PUNAKHA including visit to WANGDIPHODRANG & PUNAKHA DZONGS. Overnight at hotel. B.L.D
Day 05: MENDEGANG - PHUBIJIKHA
Morning excursion tour to PHUBIJIKHA valley including visit to the GANGTEY DZONG- Overnight at hotel. B.L.D
Day 06: PHUBIJIKHA - THIMPU
Morning drive to Thimbu, the capital of BHUTAN - Full day sightseeing in Thimbu - evening cultural snow with masked dances. Overnight at hotel. B.L.D
Day 07: IN THIMPU
Morning sightseeing tour to DECHENCHOLING VELLEY - afternoon dance performance - Rest afternoon at leisure - evening drive to PARO- Overnight at hotel. B.L.D
Day 08: Depart Paro
After breakfast, drive to the airport for departure. Our representative will bid you farewell.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up & drop by private car/van/bus (all airport transfers)
- Standard government approved accommodation (in twin share rooms) for the duration of tour.
- Service of licensed English speaking Bhutanese tour guide
- All sightseeing tours, monument /museum entrance fees as per itinerary
- All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee for whole duration of your stay in Bhutan.
- Country presentation & tour briefing on day 1 evening with welcome drinks
- Cultural afternoon/evening consisting of traditional mask dances & folk dances
- Mineral water supply during the tour
- Government royalty (which is 35% of $200) this goes to the country's health & education projects.
- Private transport & driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prado’s, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
- Toyota 4 X 4 luggage vans & light trucks for group travel
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expanse.
- Bhutan visa fees and visa processing assistance
- Route permits & monument access permits
- Luggage will be hauled by horses, mules or yaks at higher elevations.
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
- Your travel insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa , you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.) (US$ 40 per person) you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival atTribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu for 60 days from date of issue. You required 2 passport size photos & your password copy.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal clothing and equipments.
- Tips for guide and driver.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Our Head Office Contact
Nepal Hiking Team (P.) Ltd.
- P. O. Box No.: 5596, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Phone: +977-1-4389212, Fax: +977-1-4388959
- 24 Hours Emergency Contact: +977 9851058678, +977 9851058667
- Email: email@example.com
- Skype: nepal-trekking
UK & Europe Booking Contact
- +44 (0) 07956615049
- 37 Bence Road Preston, Lancashire
PR1 4NN, UK